Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Received a Leaf Only order, is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZigZagZeppelin

The Canadian Virginia Flue looks pretty good, it is slighly moist and I have no issues with it.

the AMERICAN Virginia Flue Cured is wet......real wet.....Most of the Leaves have lots of white spots......Consideing just how wet this baccy is I'm assuming the white bits are mold spores......I just microwaved one large leaf 35 seconds at power level 6 in a 1250 watt microwave. Now the product is crisp to the touch but yet still pliable.....Im about to remove the main rib and a few larger veins........Is this molded baccy ok to smoke?

My first experience seeing/receiving Tobacco Leaf.

ZigZagZeppelin

Thanks, Larry.

The interior of that American Flue Cure has humidity all inside it....Squeezing that product its like a wet sponge.....That Canadian looks excellent, even smoked a hand shredded cig after it dried a bit.

I'll give it a read, that link.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I'm guessing you got it so wet because the water is free. They're not exactly a reputable seller.

ZigZagZeppelin

I'm guessing you got it so wet because the water is free. They're not exactly a reputable seller.

Live and learn I guess. I didn't spend much there, did email the peep. Would have called but I didnt receive it till it was past their hours......The Canadian dried sufficiently (the one large leaf in 45 minutes) to shred up a stick. Smoked slow and burned well.....But baccy as wet as that American should not be sold, the water weight is incredible.

I should receive Don's orders tomorrow.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Well maybe post pics of what you got from the two different suppliers, might serve as a warning to others in the future.

ZigZagZeppelin

I can do that, hopefully my Imageshack account is still active. If not I guess I can use TinyPic.

I did stick that bag opened up and put it up in the attic, it'll be drier by tomorrow.

ZigZagZeppelin

I have only purchased from Whole Leaf but from what I understand you will be shocked at the high quality leaf (as compared to the other company) from Don.

I plan on sticking with Don, as I've been reading how outstanding his customer service is also. Being new I decided to buy off the two most popular vendors in the Leaf online business, initially.

Don shipped the next business day.....Leaf Only shipped 4 business days after ordering, that alone gave me a clue. I had a business 12 years, customer service is king.......

Another weird thing, the forums at that other place haven't had a post in 2-3 months.......Can't be a good thing.

When I registered there about 8-9 days ago I was supposed to get an email "approving me" to post. It hasn't happened yet. Maybe they don't give a shit.

ZigZagZeppelin

The vendor has satisfied me......This is no longer a problem. I try not to play favorites if at all possible, I just want to be a good customer and happy with what I get.

Status
Not open for further replies.