Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

And so it begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZigZagZeppelin

Another way to mentholate your tobacco is buy menthol crystals......Put a few in a shot glass and set your microwave to 40-50% power and nuke it 20-30 seconds.....drizzle this on your shred and put that shred in a covered container for an hour....take some shred out on a tray and let that dry till moisture content is right for injecting.

Put a tiny amount in that shot glass, pure menthol crystals are super strong.

I've since learned a MUCH better method to mentholate tobacco, trial and error over a period of 7 months. We only smoke menthol cigs so I've tried a lot of different things.

After I shred my tobacco, the dry shake I save in a double ziplock baggie. I end up using this powdery bacca to mentholate.

I take a small plastic bottle (4 oz bottle that has a removable cap)....I fill this 3/4's up with PG (propylene glycol)..... I crush up 4 teaspoons of menthol crystals, mortar and pestle style. I then put the 3oz of pg residing in a 4 oz bottle and cap it. Into the microwave it goes at 60% power....nuke it for 45 seconds.........funnel the crushed menthol crystal powder into the warmed up PG.........shake it once, if at all.......pure menthol liquid is left, clear as water.

Using a pipette I put many drops of liquid menthol on the powdery tobacco shake that I have in a double ziplock baggie. Use my fingers to spread the menthol well, over and over on the tobacco shake.....Ziplock it up tight....

Then while I'm injecting my regular tobacco shred in my Powermatic I take ONE SMALL PINCH of the mentholated SHAKE and add it into the center of my Powermatic injector area.......usually its best to have a small layer of regular tobacco on the bottom, your PINCH of mentholated shake is added next, then a small patch of regular tobacco on top. Press down lightly.....inject it

The reason I add the menthol shake in the very center of the cigarette only is to avoid oily stains on the cigarette tube....If that menthol shake hits the very bottom or top of your tiny tobacco pile in your injection area the cigarette could get oil spots on it.

I hope this wasn't confusing. It's much easier to do then to type it out so it can be understood.

You get consistent menthol this way.....menthol tubes lose menthol potency day to day, as the box is no longer sealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.