Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

And so it begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZigZagZeppelin

Got Don's budget 0.8 shredder in today, his baccy doesn't arrive till tomorrow I guess. Its hung up in New Jersey.

Shredded up somme Canadian VFC + American VFC (50/50 blend).

Made a simple casing (pg, distilled water, EXTREME ICE flavoring by Flavor west, VANILLA BOURBON flavoring by Inawera) and sprayed the shed just a bit.

Its damn decent for day 1......a bit light but smooth, menthol/mint is spot on.

Purdy damn happy.

(I have been an eliquid mixologist since Aug 2011) but I quit vaping almost a year ago, back on the sticks.....But I was confident I could create many casings.....the leaf I'm a noob.

ZigZagZeppelin

Unfortunately I have not received WLT Leaf yet, USPS is playing games with it.

It arrived in Kearny, NJ on the 7th, left there on the 7th, RETURNED there on the 8th, and as far as I know its still In Jersey somewhere.

Some Jersey postman is puffin happy, lol.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I've had that problem A LOT with "FedEx Smart post". I tracked a package then left PA (I'm 60 miles south in MD). It went to Halethorpe,MD then to WV, then back to Halethorpe then to MN, back to WV, up the WI, back to Halethorpe and finally to Baltimore and then back north to me. It should have taken2 days it took 33.

ZigZagZeppelin

I've had that problem A LOT with "FedEx Smart post". I tracked a package then left PA (I'm 60 miles south in MD). It went to Halethorpe,MD then to WV, then back to Halethorpe then to MN, back to WV, up the WI, back to Halethorpe and finally to Baltimore and then back north to me. It should have taken2 days it took 33.

I sold a lady in Burwell, Nebraska a used Samsung Galaxy tab Pro 8.4 tablet with ten 30 millileter (1 oz) bottles of eliquid 2 yrs ago. She paid via paypal $300 upfront, I mailed it out the next morn about 10am PRIORITY, insured it for $500.....she didn't get it for 31 days. I had to iniate a usps investigation into it.......

yep, shit happens sometimes. I'm just glad I have baccy at home or I'd be flippin.
:D

ZigZagZeppelin

Damn mailman....waitin on him, hes got mah stash.
:)

did pickup a few 32 QT tubs at Home Depot for storing pound bags of baccy, and a nice wire brush for cleaning shredder rollers.

greenmonster714

Got Don's budget 0.8 shredder in today, his baccy doesn't arrive till tomorrow I guess. Its hung up in New Jersey.

Shredded up somme Canadian VFC + American VFC (50/50 blend).

Made a simple casing (pg, distilled water, EXTREME ICE flavoring by Flavor west, VANILLA BOURBON flavoring by Inawera) and sprayed the shed just a bit.

Its damn decent for day 1......a bit light but smooth, menthol/mint is spot on.

Purdy damn happy.

(I have been an eliquid mixologist since Aug 2011) but I quit vaping almost a year ago, back on the sticks.....But I was confident I could create many casings.....the leaf I'm a noob.

I used to vape and made my own juices. I have a ton of flavorings and was wondering if anyone used them for their tobacco. Well, I guess I have the answer. What flavors have you used that turned out?

ZigZagZeppelin

TFA Brown sugar, TFA Menthol

Flavor west Caramel, Flavor West EXTREME ICE (way too much menthol liptis, like a Halls cough drop, mistake usin this).

Inawera Vanilla Bourbon

Just started buying leaf about 10 days ago.....Got 4 strains (one lb each) from another place and then I found this place and bought 2 different strains (one pound each).

ZigZagZeppelin

I used to vape and made my own juices. I have a ton of flavorings and was wondering if anyone used them for their tobacco. Well, I guess I have the answer. What flavors have you used that turned out?

If u like menthol tobacco:

make 2 ounces of casing to try out:

51 mills distilled water
6 mills TFA Menthol
3 mills TFA Brown Sugar

Lightly mist the shredded tobacco.....let it sit inside a sealed container to marry the flavorings into all the shred (maybe an hour).......open the lid 20 minutes or so......take some shred out on a tray and feel the moisture content, when it is right inject it into your cigarette tube.

ZigZagZeppelin

Another way to mentholate your tobacco is buy menthol crystals......Put a few in a shot glass and set your microwave to 40-50% power and nuke it 20-30 seconds.....drizzle this on your shred and put that shred in a covered container for an hour....take some shred out on a tray and let that dry till moisture content is right for injecting.

Put a tiny amount in that shot glass, pure menthol crystals are super strong.

greenmonster714

That's some great info for menthol. Personally I smoke a pipe and lean towards the aromatic blends for right now. I watched a video on youtube of a guy using vanilla extract. So, I gave it a whirl. Put some in a spray bottle with just a dash of pg/vg 50-50. Put some tobacco on a large baking sheet and sprayed it down. The guy on the video just let it sit in a jar but I went ahead and threw it in a oven @ 180 degrees and kept a close eye on it pulling it out often and moving the tobacco around do it dried up even. It turned out pretty good.

I've got a load of flavorings to try. I recently got some tobacco from Pipes&Cigars that is the Best of the Rest blend. Its basically just scraps of tobacco spilled on the table as they fill orders. I think its pretty good just the way it is but I'm going to use some flavoring experiments on that stuff.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
All you have to do is put your tobacco in a sealed container with menthol crystals for a few day. Don't need to get fancy.

GM714- Try Lorann concentrated oils for your flavoring experiments. I'd suggest you get the oils and the emulsions. The emulsions are water soluble so they wont dissipate as rapidly as alcohol based extracts do.

ZigZagZeppelin

I have some 2012 American Virginia Flue Cure I bought elsewhere.....had a local look at it and he claims the white spots on it are "Frog Eye." Frog Eye means it is diseased. This guy has grown tobacco.......The place I bought it claims tobacco growers know American flue cure is ready when these white spots appear. The tobacco is super fermented, I don't like using it as it adds nothing flavor wise.

Is this "dump it" time for that baccy?

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Frog eye is usually caused by Cercospora sp.. It releases a plant toxin that causes the surrounding leaf tissue to become more photosensitive--hence the small white spots. To my knowledge, no Cercospora species can infect humans, nor are they toxic to humans. It's a common tobacco pathogen that, when mild, is not an issue.

Mold and tobacco is discussed at length in a number of other threads, including this one: http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/3188-Frog-Eye-Leaf-Spot-Disease

Bob

ZigZagZeppelin

Frog eye is usually caused by Cercospora sp.. It releases a plant toxin that causes the surrounding leaf tissue to become more photosensitive--hence the small white spots. To my knowledge, no Cercospora species can infect humans, nor are they toxic to humans. It's a common tobacco pathogen that, when mild, is not an issue.

Mold and tobacco is discussed at length in a number of other threads, including this one: http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/3188-Frog-Eye-Leaf-Spot-Disease

Bob

Thanks, Deluxestogie.

I have smoked about 3 oz of it so far and I'm still kickin.
:D

AphoticSolace

So, after reading this thread I decided to try my hand at making my own case for the tobacco I have. I have organic eo's for clove, cinnamon, & peppermint & some fine droppers. I made a straight peppermint, & mixed the clove & cinnamon with some cooking vanilla & it is super delicious! I used between 5-10 drops of each, & it doesn't hit harder than the baccy. I've experimented with peppermint, like dropping real tiny drops on the cig butt & the paper but it hit real hard. I'll post an update after I smoke peppermint to let you know. I used all natural air cured burley from WLT, which is real hard by itself ): I just reordered from WLT so I'll have a blend in a couple days :) Thanks for the good thread!

Tutu

Cercospora is found in all commercial tobacco as well. The more spots, the lower the grade it goes in to (with a few exceptions). How low a' grade typically depends on how widespread cercospora in that particular crop, thus depending on weather conditions. This is for both dark air cured and sun cured tobacco (although the exceptions I know of are with sun cured).

Status
Not open for further replies.