Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

DIY Project Smoker

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenmonster714

Not like a need one but....I had this huge piece of tile left in my backyard by the guy who used to live here and I have finally figured out what I want to do with it. A 1 ton reinforced concrete Smoker. I probably should have just rolled it off into the woods but with a little planning maybe I can make something useful out of it.

Today my brother in law and I used his 4wd to pull this thing into position and stand it upright. Normal folks would have used a backhoe or something like that but weez way to redneck to do it the easy way. I've been gathering some old red brick from a house foundation here on the farm and I have some cinder block too. I can use these to make a chimney to feed smoke into the thing. I figure I can use some pallet wood to make a top or maybe even add a small section to the top to have a two chamber smoker. I dunno what I'll end up with. Maybe I can use it someday to smoke some tobacco. Updates will come soon.
20170226_165042.jpg20170226_165356.jpg20170226_172553.jpg20170226_172602.jpg

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Looks interesting. Remember to take some videos, especially if alcohol will be involved! BTW, That would make quite the interesting Perique press...:)

greenmonster714

Looks interesting. Remember to take some videos, especially if alcohol will be involved! BTW, That would make quite the interesting Perique press...:)

Yes, it certainly would be. I'm glad we where not drinking when we did this. There's a slight grade downhill grade next to it leading into the woods. I was afraid that if turned the wrong way it would have just rolled right down the hill. Anyways, we completed step one. Now I gotta clean this thing up. Throw some gravel in the bottom and work from there.

Would make a great kiln too. The pottery kind.

Yes, it would. A rather large one but yeah.

There appears to be a black and white cat tightrope walking on a strand of barbed wire fence.

Bob

Lol...Snowball the cat and Sam the dog go and do everything together. Search the woods together play and sleep together. Sam won't even eat unless the cat is right there next to him eating his cat food. They are inseparable.

20170122_151300.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.