Whole Leaf Tobacco
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Re: Charly's journey - 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Charly View Post
    Discoloration ?
    Attachment 21185
    The lighter areas do not correspond to the vascular structure of the plant, with linear margins of the affected area crossing the veins. I don't know what it is, but my general impression is that it is a response to something that has touched the surface of the leaf: pooling water, hand oils, insect repellent from your skin. [An analogous pattern would be an itchy rash on your belly, in the shape and location of your belt buckle. Contact dermatitis.]

Another possibility is a common, random genetic mutation in a portion of the leaf lamina that may cause a decrease of chlorophyll in one cell, and subsequently in all its daughter cells. This might account for the pattern of lighter colored cells abruptly ending half-way between two secondary veins.

We will both wait to see what evolves.

Bob

I too thought that it could be a genetic mutation, but I skipped this idea because nearly every plant of Havana 322 seem to show this kind of discoloration... (the pages I read on genetic mutation talk often of one single plant in a field showing strange behaviors).
    I don't know, it could be the specific answer from Havana 322 to the potatoe virus ?

We'll wait and see
    Thanks for your answer.

I use the app I posted on a thread earlier this year. Maybe it will help. It has good pictures to help diagnose the problem.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...EnDiagno&hl=en

Thanks GreenMonster, the Android app was developped by the same team that is behind the site I use
    I find the site to be is easier to use.
    But I wasn't able to identify for sure what is going on with my leaves

Maybe they are just sunburnt.

[QUOTE = Charly; 137337] Décoloration?

Ce matin, j'ai remarqué une sorte de décoloration sur de nombreuses feuilles de La Havane 322 plantes (et pas d'autre souche), ces décolorations sont sur les feuilles moyennes / supérieures.
    Quelqu'un at-il jamais vu la même chose? Il est étrange qu'il semble apparaitre simultanément sur chaque plante de La Havane 322 ...
    Est-ce que cela pourrait être un virus / une maladie? Je n'ai pas pu trouver la même décoloration sur le site de diagnostic que j'utilise régulièrement ( http://ephytia.inra.fr/fr/C/10750/Tobacco-Identify-diseases )
    Peut-être que je vais devoir attendre pour voir comment Va évoluer ...

Peut-être que c'est dû à la météo? Le soleil chaud est revenu après quelques jours de jours nuageux, pluvieux et froid.

Voici quelques images:

Attachment 21185 Attachment 21186 Attachment 21187[/ QUOTE]

Almost all my origins(stumps) have the same thing I am not worried. We were 20 degrees of temperature drop, certainly a defense reaction of the plant.
    Presque toutes mes souches ont la même chose... je ne suis pas inquiet.On a eu 20 degré de chute de temperature, certainement une réaction de défense de la plante.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516