Whole Leaf Tobacco
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Greenmonster714's Grow Log 2017

Quote Originally Posted by greenmonster714 View Post
    I bought some trays and inserts a month ago. They are about 3" deep with 36 in each flat. I bought 6 of each. Hopefully, they will be enough to get them to the size they need to be to be transplanted outdoors. I was impressed when I saw them. They are not flimsy like the ones you get at Wallyworld. I should be able to use them for some time to come. I got them from http://www.greenhousemegastore.com/
    Attachment 20133Attachment 20134

Yeah man, it is amazing how large they do get from such a small seed. I guess it won't be long before I get what I need planted into the flat trays.
    That's perfect. Exactly what I used last year. I was just worried you were going to use something improvised with no drainage like you used for sprouting. You'll be able to use those for years to come.
    This blanket is a necessity. It keeps me from cracking up. It may be regarded as a spiritual tourniquet. Without it, I'd be nothing, a ship without a rudder. - Linus

Greenmonster714 to read about different types of tobacco (and tobacco products) can take more than a life time, but it's really interesting.At this moment I don't have time to read half as much as I have done, but I known (or hope) that I soon can take some time to read again, I really miss that time it's a good thing to do when everyone else in the family sleep.. It's like a drug as more you known as more you realize that You don't know..

Quote Originally Posted by ChinaVoodoo View Post
    That's perfect. Exactly what I used last year. I was just worried you were going to use something improvised with no drainage like you used for sprouting. You'll be able to use those for years to come.
    It's great to hear they will be good. When I was shopping I tried to find the deepest inserts I could find. I didn't want anything with more than 36 in a flat. About the germination. Those little tins do have holes in the bottom. I feed them by putting water in a tray I'm not using at the moment and set the tins in there for a about a minute and then let them drain off before I put them back into the closet setup. I was misting them but Bob said it would be better to feed them from below.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasse SWE View Post
    Greenmonster714 to read about different types of tobacco (and tobacco products) can take more than a life time, but it's really interesting.At this moment I don't have time to read half as much as I have done, but I known (or hope) that I soon can take some time to read again, I really miss that time it's a good thing to do when everyone else in the family sleep.. It's like a drug as more you known as more you realize that You don't know..
    I hear ya man. There's never enough time in the day to complete what needs to be done or what we want to get done. I do enjoy reading the links a lot of guys post here. Some of the stuff is way over my head but that's okay. I usually end up using google dictionary to get definitions of words I don't understand. I spent a few months just reading these forums before I even start gathering material. I learn something here everyday. I'm very thankful for the folks here that are always willing to teach and provide excellent advice.

1 members have Nominated this post.

A closet full of babies. Most all have sprouted so far. A few are lagging behind but that's okay. The bursa and the VA gold are the ones really taking off.
    20170310_162813.jpg20170310_160432.jpg20170310_160507.jpg20170310_160525.jpg

Close up of the Bursa. This stuff is taking off. How big they got to be to transplant them into 1020 trays?
    20170310_162752.jpg

Whouha ! they grow well ! congratulations
    I've started my seeds only 36h hours ago, in 2 days I should begin to see some green, fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by Charly View Post
    Whouha ! they grow well ! congratulations
    I've started my seeds only 36h hours ago, in 2 days I should begin to see some green, fingers crossed
    Thanks Charly, yes you should see some growth very soon. Mine started at the end of 72 hours. It was the perique that popped first. One single sprout but hey that's exciting to me..lol. The burleys seem to be taking their time. Found a spot of mold grey mold growing on the surface of my Big Gem. I sat it outside for some sunshine but if it keeps going I will treat it with either a baking soda or peroxide mixture.

How steady are your hands? You can transfer them to your 1020 cells right now, if you want. Use forceps or a toothpick. More than one seedling per cell is no big problem, since you can just thin the weakest in a couple of weeks.

If they get larger, and the roots get tangled together, you can just plop a chunk of them into some water, then tease them apart. So, you've got time. Start with the largest ones, and see how it goes. Keep all the extras going.

And...do-overs are permitted.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by deluxestogie View Post
    How steady are your hands? You can transfer them to your 1020 cells right now, if you want. Use forceps or a toothpick. More than one seedling per cell is no big problem, since you can just thin the weakest in a couple of weeks.

If they get larger, and the roots get tangled together, you can just plop a chunk of them into some water, then tease them apart. So, you've got time. Start with the largest ones, and see how it goes. Keep all the extras going.

And...do-overs are permitted.

Bob
    Right now my hands are not very steady at all with all these breathing meds right now. But I may be able to do the toothpick thing. Maybe I'll try some tomorrow. Again, thanks for the info Bob.

I seed directly into my 1020 tray. Never understood why a lot of people seed into one container and then transplant into another. Maybe you guys have way too much free time on your hands?

Quote Originally Posted by Jitterbugdude View Post
    I seed directly into my 1020 tray. Never understood why a lot of people seed into one container and then transplant into another. Maybe you guys have way too much free time on your hands?
    Ya know, after doing this for the first time that does make sense. Maybe next year I'll do it like that.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast