Whole Leaf Tobacco
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Re: Greenmonster714's Grow Log 2017

So, I'm in the living room watching tv. I hear the cat playing in the kitchen. Then the thumps got louder. I tried to ignore it for a while. Then decided to investigate. This is what I found. I know not how he did that to himself.
    IMG_20170519_104400165.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by deluxestogie View Post
    I just skimmed through your entire grow log. There's a lot of good content that would benefit a first time grower. I'll add this thread to the index of Key Forum Threads.

One note: Although it's already written in stone (or at least painted on a huge chunk of wood), one variety that you are growing is named Shirey, rather than "Shirley". They sound almost the same, but unlike the woman's name, the tobacco variety doesn't have an "L" in it.

And please remember to print your name clearly at the top of the page, before you turn it in for grading. Otherwise you will receive a zero for this quiz.

Bob
    Good choice Bob, and congratulations GreenMonster ! There are indeed some good informations on your grow log

Quote Originally Posted by greenmonster714 View Post
    So, I'm in the living room watching tv. I hear the cat playing in the kitchen. Then the thumps got louder. I tried to ignore it for a while. Then decided to investigate. This is what I found. I know not how he did that to himself.
    IMG_20170519_104400165.jpg
    Wait wait !!! I have better than your cat : I have MY DOG !

Two weeks ago, we were with our family, we took the dog with us, but let him outside so we can eat peacefully.
    After the lunch, I wonder : "where is my dog ?" (he used to put his face against the windows when we eat, but this day, no dog face against the windows...
    I went outside, called my dog... no response.
    I searched for him, and here is what I found in the back of the garden :

crop1.jpgcrop2.jpg

No, this is not an elephant, this is my dog ! He was so much thirsty (this day was very hot) that he put his face in the watering can to drink and got his head stucked inside
    We laughed loud this day ! (and of course, I helped him get his head out of the watering can, but I had to take pictures before !!!)

Maybe all cats and dogs, while they are still young and trainable, should be taught the fundamentals of physics.

Bob

Lol..I bet he never does that again.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmonster714 View Post
    Needless to say my back hurts and many other parts of my body....

I know exactly what parts..
    I wanted to start my own grow log but I'm to tired to do so. and since this is on Key forum threads I will announce here that I manage to plant 180 Corojo plants today.
    Congrats for your blog and all the plants in the soil. It is not so easy. Not just suckers and bugs. Hoeing, loosening the soil, weeds, Priming, marking, drying,...This is just the beginning.
    Good luck.
    Maks

Quote Originally Posted by rainmax View Post
    I know exactly what parts..
    I wanted to start my own grow log but I'm to tired to do so. and since this is on Key forum threads I will announce here that I manage to plant 180 Corojo plants today.
    Congrats for your blog and all the plants in the soil. It is not so easy. Not just suckers and bugs. Hoeing, loosening the soil, weeds, Priming, marking, drying,...This is just the beginning.
    Good luck.
    Thanks Maks, I know its a big project and about mid way through planting I thought maybe this is just to much. My wife had promised to help. She planted 3 plants..lol. I can't rib her for that though. She has a pretty bad back and the bending needed for planting just didn't work well for her. I look forward to the challenges ahead and I know there will be many. But I'm just having fun and loving every minute of it.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122