Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Re: Greenmonster714's Grow Log 2017

Sorry China No understand

Me no understand either????

China is saying that your text :

Quote Originally Posted by Gavroche View Post
    wlt VA309 is no a latakia but it is firecured tabac /guéri avec la fumée d'un feu/ Nice, I like ! It is not disgusting as the latakia
    is really hard to understand (mix french and english languages).

Let me translate : "WLT Va309 is not latakia, it is fire cured, it's really nice, not as disgusting as latakia"

As they say, "à chacun son goût."

Bob

More little ones are popping up in my germination closet. It surprisingly stays a steady 76-80degrees and they seem to like it because I've had all my seeds germinate except for the Big Gem. I gave the Big Gem a while but I guess it just isn't their year. Oh well, I have plenty to work with. The new little ones are Prilep66-9/7, Izmir Orbas, and the Golden Burely. Some are in 3oz cups which I used a dry q-tip and made sure I only put a few seeds in each. I started started the remainder of the seed in bread tins for backups. Last night they started showing some green. This is the last ones I will crack this year. I've got way more than I need but having more is better than not enough.

I love it that this space stays so steady. I dunno how I accomplished that but I aint complaining.
    20170324_103606.jpg

Prilep66-9/7, Izmir, and Golden Burley
    20170324_103357.jpg20170324_103412.jpg20170324_103512.jpg

Some backups just in case
    20170324_103525.jpg

My outside plants are doing okay but the ones I have under the lamps are doing way better. With temps dropping down into the 40's n 50's at night I imagine they get a bit cold but they're just going to have to handle it this year. I did not plan this grow out very good. I have more plants than I have space for under lamps. By next year I plan on having at least four 4' shop lamps in a rack that stacks. Doing that would give me the potential of having 288 plants under lamps. That would be at least a dozen plants of 24 different strains. Not that I will grow 24 different strains next year but its nice to know I'd have room for all I would ever need.

So this year the grand total of strains will be 17. If I plant a dozen of each it would be about 204 plants. Not sure if I will do that many. I should have enough land in the front yard to handle it. I'm figuring a plot 55'x35'. I can use a nice size plot in the backyard if needed as well. I am concerned about the harvest. With that many plants I'll have leaf hanging everywhere...lol. Once I get my drying barn done I will know about how much I can handle. This year will full of noob mistakes but hopefully not to many...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Charly View Post
    Now that you discovered english blends, I encourage you to try GLPease's blends (made by C&D), there is a lot of english/balkan in his line, and many are really delicious.
    The only thing is that I enjoy these blends far better after they have rested for a few month/year, sometimes, when young they are not so great...

Here are some delicious blends (just to my preferences, very subjective opinion) :
    - BlackPoint
    - Odysee
    - Maltese Falcon
    - Samarra
    - Westminter ...

There are many others but I did not try them yet (I have some, but I am waiting to let them mature) :
    - Chelsea Morning
    - Quiet Nights
    - Gas Light ....

Great green house ! And congratulations for all the transplantation !
    I will update my blog to show what I did last days (busy days also)
    I'm going to try a few of these Charly. I've got them saved on a wish list. They all sound great.

You have a lot of plants going on ! coool !
    Mine are just outside, I am doing the natural way (no artificial light/warm) that's the reason I begun earlier than last year
    Today we have a lot of sun, my plants are happy (and me too)

For GLPease, if the quality is still what it was a few years back, you won't be disapointed, my favorites english blends (and some others Va, VaPers) are from GLPease.
    For the Va and VaPer, try some of McClelland stuff, very tasty, sugary, yummy ! (Blackwoods Flake, St James flake, Dark Star....)

Quote Originally Posted by greenmonster714 View Post
    I am concerned about the harvest. With that many plants I'll have leaf hanging everywhere...lol. Once I get my drying barn done I will know about how much I can handle.
    My shed is 9' x 12'. I'm able to handle harvests of 200-250 plants. This takes into account some of the earliest leaf coming out before the last leaf is harvested. I hang in only one tier (from ropes strung across the top plates at 10-16" intervals, to accommodate different plant sizes), in a combination of primed leaf on wire as well as whole stalks. There's always a point in mid-to-late harvest when I wonder where more leaf will go, but, year after year, it works out.

I'll post some photos of my hanging arrangement in my grow log later.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Charly View Post
    You have a lot of plants going on ! coool !
    Mine are just outside, I am doing the natural way (no artificial light/warm) that's the reason I begun earlier than last year
    Today we have a lot of sun, my plants are happy (and me too)

For GLPease, if the quality is still what it was a few years back, you won't be disapointed, my favorites english blends (and some others Va, VaPers) are from GLPease.
    For the Va and VaPer, try some of McClelland stuff, very tasty, sugary, yummy ! (Blackwoods Flake, St James flake, Dark Star....)
    Thank you for more suggestions. I think my list has grown to about 15 now. The descriptions on those sound wonderful. It seems like a lot of the pressed varieties are what I'm after. Can't wait to check some out.

Quote Originally Posted by deluxestogie View Post
    My shed is 9' x 12'. I'm able to handle harvests of 200-250 plants. This takes into account some of the earliest leaf coming out before the last leaf is harvested. I hang in only one tier (from ropes strung across the top plates at 10-16" intervals, to accommodate different plant sizes), in a combination of primed leaf on wire as well as whole stalks. There's always a point in mid-to-late harvest when I wonder where more leaf will go, but, year after year, it works out.

I'll post some photos of my hanging arrangement in my grow log later.

Bob
    The shed I have planned would be much like the one below. With 44x40 pallets it should come out to roughly 11'x6.5' with a dirt floor and flat angled roof. With the slats being open do you think that will be to much airflow? These pallets are all treated so this thing should last a long time barring any tornadoes.. Thanks for throwing up some pics of your arrangement. It will give me a guide to go by.

blogger-image-2031055602.jpggarden-shed-plans.jpg

That looks pretty airy. You may or may not need to put some plastic sheeting on the sides, with a way to get cross ventilation.

Bob

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789