Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hi from Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tavor

Hi guys,

Found this forum as I am looking to this hobby.
I saw the thread from another Israeli guy and the difficulties to get tobacco leaves. I sent an email to the ministry of agriculture to check how to get things done...

Thanks

Charly

Hello Tavor,
Welcome on FTT !

If you try to import tobacco leaves to your country, maybe you should contact your customs ?

Tavor

Hello Tavor,
Welcome on FTT !

If you try to import tobacco leaves to your country, maybe you should contact your customs ?

You are right.

One of my friend has a cigar store in Tel Aviv and will surely answer me faster about this issue that the custom administration ;)

I was also interested in growing tobacco as the israeli coastal plain is mostly red sandy soil... which is also the kind of soil you get in Cuba to grow tobacco. If you had that half of the year we get tropical humidity level and 8 months of nice weather... gives me some ideas.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. For what use are you considering growing tobacco?

If you enter a general location into your profile, then it will appear beside each of your posts, and be helpful to other members in answering your questions.

Check the FAQ (link at top of the page) and the Index of Key Forum Threads: http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/3868-Key-threads-in-the-FTT-forum

Bob

Tavor

Most for cigars (been enjoying it for almost 20 years). I got really interested in the process when I met Didier Houvenaghel who started the cigar brand Nicarao. Interesting as he is one of the few non cubans that went to the cigar college in cuba. He wrote a book (in french) about how to grow tobacco, very detailed and technical.

rainmax

Founding Member
Hi Tavor and welcome.
I would like to read his book. If somebody knows where is awailable, please let me know.

greenmonster714

Hello, and welcome aboard. It's the coolest thing to have international folks of all walks of life here. If your interested in growing your own. You have come to the right place. Enjoy the site.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
That book by Houvenaghel is "The Cigar: from Soul to Soul". This video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xSqksTiMkU discusses it, and announces that it is available in English. I can find no trace of it anywhere, including his own website.

His website, http://www.nicaraocigars.com/en/ , appears to offer substantial material from the book, under categories of terroir, creation and enjoyment. This content is fairly general, and not as detailed as the growing information in our grower's FAQ.

Bob

EDIT: Oops. The title is "The Cigar: from Soil to Soul"

rustycase

Some strains of tobacco should do quite well there. About 2 litres every other day and good drainage should bring good results.
rc

rainmax

Founding Member
That book by Houvenaghel is "The Cigar: from Soul to Soul". This video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xSqksTiMkU discusses it, and announces that it is available in English. I can find no trace of it anywhere, including his own website.

I found one.
I received this book today. Excellent reading...
I'm in love. I received the answers which I was searching for few years now.

I'm already building controlled environment drying barn...I will let you know the results.
Good season to you all...

Charly

I found one.
I received this book today. Excellent reading...
I'm in love. I received the answers which I was searching for few years now.

I'm already building controlled environment drying barn...I will let you know the results.
Good season to you all...

If you have found interesting informations, don't forget to share it ;)
We are all here to learn ;)
Good season to you too.

Status
Not open for further replies.