Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

2017 Gavroche

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavroche

Hello...

I think this year of crashing 300 feet...
I have the place(square), the ground to crash more, but then the drying of sheets(leaves) raises too many problems.

I limit myself in: Semois fifty, 401 to cherr red 100, Samsun Turk twenty, Goose creek red fifty Gold leaf oronico fifty, to hyckory fifty... Arghhh I have still exceeded(overtaken) lol!

Bamboo shoot is bad... nothing after ten days... the semois is the best at ​this moment...

Je pense cette année planter 300 pieds...
j'ai la place, le terrain pour planter plus, mais ensuite le séchage des feuilles pose trop de problèmes.

je me limite à : Semois cinquante, 401 cherr red 100, Gold leaf oronico cinquante, hckor cinquante, turc samsun vingt, Goose creek red cinquante... Arghhh j'ai encore dépassé lol !

PICS...

Charly

Good ! That's a good start :)
320 plants ! If the sun is kind with us, it will be a good crop !
I wish you the best for this new growing seadon ;)

Super ! C'est un bon départ :)
320 plants ! Si le soleil est gentil avec nous, ça va être une bonne récolte !
Je te souhaite le meilleur pour ta nouvelle saison ;)

Gavroche

Thanks to You two...
I smoke the pipe, and I wish to make only of the Pipe tobacco

think you that I have to crash an other seed? Sort(species)? In Virgiinie or BurleY or kenuckY

Merci à Vous deux...
Je fume la pipe, et je ne désire fabriquer que du Tabac à pipe... pensez vous que je doive planter une autre graine ? espèce ? en Virgiinie ou BurleY ou kenuckY

DistillingJim

Gavroche was one of my favourite grow blogs last year. Glad to see you back!

As a pure pipe smoker, perhaps you have some blending wisdom for us newbs as well?

Gavroche

Your question is good but I am going to answer badly regrettably I planted 430 feet last year e I was invaded by sheets and feet to dry ... not enough place ... furthermore I had badly noted my various feet ... my tobacco today to smoke is good but deserves only the generic name of tobacco ... I smoke Virginia burley Turk or together

votre question est bonne mais je vais mal répondre hélas

j'ai plan
430 pieds l'année dernière e je me suis fait
envahir par les feuilles et
pieds à sécher... pas assez de place ... de plus j'avais mal noté mes différents pieds... mon tabac aujourd'hui à fumer est bon mais ne mérite que le nom générique de tabac... je fume Virginie burley turc ou ensemble...

Charly

Gavroche :
I wish you to keep better track of what you grow this year :)
If your tobacco is good (but mixed), it's already a success !!

Gavroche :
Je te souhaite de mieux garder trace de ce que tu plantes cette année :)
Si ton tabac est bon (même mélangé), c'est déjà un succès !!

Charly

Jim :
If you want some advice about blending pipe tobacco, take a look at this thread :
http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/3926-Pure-Tobacco-Pipe-Blends-You-Can-Make

In fact, you can mix about any tobacco in different proportions to make some wonderfull blends (even cigar varieties, in small proportions).
I personnaly enjoy so many different blends that it's hard to know where to begin !
Virginias, Virginia/Perique, English, Scottish, Balkan, Orientals, Virginia/Burley, etc...

I wish I can be able to make some good blends, but for now I am still waiting to complete my first fermentation (without a real kiln) to begin to know my own tobacco before I can mix them correctly !

One word : experimentations !

DistillingJim

Thanks Charly - I've been over that thread a few times. I've found dark fired helps a lot and am trying to make some perique under pressure as we speak but am struggling a little with tongue bite. Making some progress, but always looking for more pointers ;)

Charly

Great !! :)
Already 70 plants !
Next year I need to use these fish boxes ;)

Gavroche

Right semois and symbole 4... 100 feets...

Other seeds are much less fast small sheets(leaves) but not enough to free(release) them from the incubator...Wait... and see !

Have a good day here rain and rain ! 8 C brr brrr

Charly

Yes, when I think we had 18°C and lot of sun only two days ago.... now only rain and 10°C :(

Be patient ! the sun will come back and our small plants will grow fast ;)

Gavroche

Hey Charles, a new small quite soft basket for my babies...
And other...Smoke the semois without direct treatment(processing) in has pipe a delight!

Hé Charles, un nouveau petit couffin tout doux pour mes bébés...
Et autre chose fume le semois sans traitement... direct dans a pipe... un régal !

hop...

Charly

Hello Gavroche :)
Your new babies will find a good home in this pack !

I prefer the semois in cigars (I did not do anything but kiln the leaves a bit), it makes nice mild cigars ! (perhaps a little too light, but good !)
By the way, I have to say : I find the semois I grew last year better than any commercial semois !
I hope the cigar varieties I am growing this year will give me goooood cigars too !!

Charly

Semois + Air curing + kilning (not as long as I should, I think) + rolling = enjoyable mild cigar :)
You should try !

Status
Not open for further replies.