Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

how to roll your very first cigar

webmost

This is a complete how-to for someone who has never rolled a cigar before at all, but wants to try. If that's you, then this video was made for you.

It covers the simple stuff you can't find anywhere else, like how to know if your leaf is damp enough, how to know how much leaf you need to use, how to mix your glue, and everything else from beginning to end. Best of all, it shows how to roll cigars using just the tools you already have around the house. All you have to buy is a $30 blend kit from Whole Leaf Tobacco, which will provide you enough filler, binder, and wrapper to make 30 or 40 presentable cigars, along with cigar glue, enough of everything you need so you can find out whether cigar rolling is for you.

greenmonster714

Yes, I would have to agree w/ Roland. I've searched around for a video guide and this one by webmost is well put together, easy to follow, and will be the video I'll use to roll my first cigar. I've gathered all the tools and leaf. Now it's time to give it a go. Thanks for the video webmost.

webmost

This is a complete how-to for someone who has never rolled a cigar before at all, but wants to try. If that's you, then this video was made for you.

It covers the simple stuff you can't find anywhere else, like how to know if your leaf is damp enough, how to know how much leaf you need to use, how to mix your glue, and everything else from beginning to end. Best of all, it shows how to roll cigars using just the tools you already have around the house. All you have to buy is a $30 blend kit from Whole Leaf Tobacco, which will provide you enough filler, binder, and wrapper to make 30 or 40 presentable cigars, along with cigar glue, enough of everything you need so you can find out whether cigar rolling is for you.

View: https://youtu.be/TCqCESg3Q7c

I have clicked on several vid links here, but they all seem disabled by the new forum software.
So here's a link to the vid. Let's see if this works.

WildSevenz

LOL, so @webmost your video was the VERY first video I saw about rolling. It retain a permanent tab on my browser. Such an ease and simple candor thats just theraputic to watch. And I love the line, ""This is for the newbie, not even a newbie, but a wanna be, a wanna be who doesn't wanna be spend $300 bucks to find out if he likes something or not." Bahahaha, awesome!! No BS, no pretension, just brass tacks. SO I wanna say think you for sharing your knowledge and making that video. A new guy walking in the door cant do any better than find your video straight off the bat.

webmost

Got to talking with Don this morning & realized I haven't been on this forum for ages. So I thought I'd drop by and bookmark the rolling section. First thing I spot is this old How to Roll Your First Cigar video. Flattering to see that it has been made a sticky post. Thought I'd let you in on some amusing news:

This vid got slow & steady traffic prompting a trickle of subscribers who posted the occasional comment, year after year. The comments were mostly thanks from guys looking for where to start. This was its intent, cause there have always been plenty of vids showing how quickly and skillfully a pro with 35 years experience rolling 500 a day can wrap a gem of a gar, but nothing for the beginner. Now and then, there was this one guy with a fingernail obsession, he would register a new YouTube profile every week or so, and post a complaint how I gotta cut my fingernails. Then along came the Grand Wuhan... Things went batshit.

A couple minutes along, while discussing what size cigar to roll, I mention the corona vitola. Well, YouTube must have some voice recognition software which catalogs content for search purposes. I make this surmise because, soon as we all got sent home by the crisis which will persist until we stop pretending that there is a crisis, all the stats on this vid went thru the roof. Today, we're nearing 700 thousand views, we got 3200 subscribers, and I was getting two dozen comments per day. Most the comments were "how the hell did I get here?" posted by some poor fellow who searched for "corona"... along with the fingernail nutcase once a week. At the same time, the standard of grammar and lucidity fell as precipitously as the prevalence of the acronym "LOL" multiplied.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
fingernail nutcase once a week. At the same time, the standard of grammar and lucidity fell as precipitously as the prevalence of the acronym "LOL" multiplied.
Good to see you here again. One of my sloppy, cigar rolling videos precipitated comments about my breath. Here on the forum, proper grammar and lucidity are not a requirement.

Bob

Radagast

Got to talking with Don this morning & realized I haven't been on this forum for ages. So I thought I'd drop by and bookmark the rolling section. First thing I spot is this old How to Roll Your First Cigar video. Flattering to see that it has been made a sticky post. Thought I'd let you in on some amusing news:

This vid got slow & steady traffic prompting a trickle of subscribers who posted the occasional comment, year after year. The comments were mostly thanks from guys looking for where to start. This was its intent, cause there have always been plenty of vids showing how quickly and skillfully a pro with 35 years experience rolling 500 a day can wrap a gem of a gar, but nothing for the beginner. Now and then, there was this one guy with a fingernail obsession, he would register a new YouTube profile every week or so, and post a complaint how I gotta cut my fingernails. Then along came the Grand Wuhan... Things went batshit.

A couple minutes along, while discussing what size cigar to roll, I mention the corona vitola. Well, YouTube must have some voice recognition software which catalogs content for search purposes. I make this surmise because, soon as we all got sent home by the crisis which will persist until we stop pretending that there is a crisis, all the stats on this vid went thru the roof. Today, we're nearing 700 thousand views, we got 3200 subscribers, and I was getting two dozen comments per day. Most the comments were "how the hell did I get here?" posted by some poor fellow who searched for "corona"... along with the fingernail nutcase once a week. At the same time, the standard of grammar and lucidity fell as precipitously as the prevalence of the acronym "LOL" multiplied.
I stumbled on that video myself and loved it! I hope you're a teacher of some sort, you seem really at ease there. It's probably popular because it's a very good video! Thanks for making it.

webmost

I stumbled on that video myself and loved it! I hope you're a teacher of some sort, you seem really at ease there. It's probably popular because it's a very good video! Thanks for making it.

Thank you for the complement.

I think the secret is rehearsal. Obviously. Most videos that I see look as though the guy thought: "I have fifteen minutes to spare... I'll make a vid!" Bull. Any broadcast of any sort for any purpose where you have to say "um"... Hey, you need to start over from the beginning, because you have not rehearsed enough. Drives me nuts how lazy people are. Just set your butt down and roll through and through until all your points and all your jokes flow naturally beginning to end. Don't stumble like a lazy azz spazz. Roll until you flow. And don't paste together umpteen bits and pieces either; because you're not fooling anyone. Everybody loves Bach, whose name is German for "brook", & whose music flows like one.

Bob, link me one of your vids. I don't remember seeing one.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Last edited:

Radagast

Thank you for the complement.

I think the secret is rehearsal. Obviously. Most videos that I see look as though the guy thought: "I have fifteen minutes to spare... I'll make a vid!" Bull. Any broadcast of any sort for any purpose where you have to say "um"... Hey, you need to start over from the beginning, because you have not rehearsed enough.. roll through and through until all your points and all your jokes flow naturally beginning to end. Don't stumble like a lazy azz spazz. Roll until you flow. And don't paste together umpteen bits and pieces either; because you're not fooling anyone. Everybody loves Bach, whose name is German for "brook", & whose music flows like one.
Good stuff my friend, I totally agree.