Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

The big Nor- Easter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Anyone else getting ready for the big snow storm due to hit the mid Atlantic states Monday night? I pulled my tractor out of the barn, put the snow plow blade on and got the snow shovels ready to go. I need to check the generator tomorrow.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Way out here in the southwest (of Virginia), we'll likely get a messy snow/ice/rain mix on Monday night. Nor-easters blow water-laden clouds westward across Virginia, until they are forced upward over the Appalachians. So there will definitely be precipitation (what goes up must come down), but the air temp will determine what hits the ground.

Preparations: check supplies of coffee, milk, cheese flavored corn puffs. I have officially retired from shoveling snow. If I can't get out, I don't.

Bob

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I'm running out of wood inside the house, guess tomorrow I'll restock it (room inside the basement that was probably made for this holds 4 cords), other than that I'm always ready, electricity or no. I love old houses.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
The Weather Channel feels the need to name each storm.

marlon_brando_stella_streetcar-600x337.jpg

Bob

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Might actually be a big deal this time, hasn't even arrived yet and I've already got a couple inches.
And I got a cold too that finally started today, I'd done such a good job considering the entire family had one. Then my daughter sneezed literally in my right eyeball from about 3 inches away, just a matter of time after that :(

ChinaVoodoo

I saw that eye infection on the news this morning. Oops. No, I mean huge snow dump y'all got. No jealousy here. Don't hurt your back.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Yeah, it was a lot of the fluffy weightless needle shaped type from the cold temps, I got a couple feet.

How'd everyone else make out?

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
It was a bust where I am. Started out as snow then sleeted for about 10 hours. Made for some very heavy, compact snow. Tore a chain off my tractor.

Status
Not open for further replies.