Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

It's sprout time in Tennessee

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenmonster714

It's great to see a new grow log start up. I gotta say your then and now pic looks identical. What exactly are you growing in there? Can ya hit us up on more information about your grow? Damp not soaked soil and warmth popped my beans pretty fast.

ProfessorPangloss

Amateur Kentuckian
Tennessee's a great place to grow tobacco. Whereabouts are you located? If you can get out to Robertson County, you can see most of the last of the dark-fired that's grown in the area. Seeing a barn fired is quite a sight.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I see nothing alive in the pots. (Maybe it's just the photos.) Judging from the light color of the peat pots, the soil is way too dry. If the seeds swelled and began to sprout some days ago, then they are likely dead at this point. If that's the case, then you'll need to re-seed, and keep the soil moist enough (from bottom watering) to show a dark color in the margins of the peat pots.

If they never did anything, then just water and warmth may germinate what's already there. I would be inclined to re-seed regardless.

The germination soil can be soggy for the first couple of days, then should be kept damp, to prevent the fragile seedlings from desiccating.

My experience in the past led me away from using peat pots at all, since they make regulation of the moisture difficult, and the roots of tobacco seedlings never seem able to penetrate the peat, even after transplanting to the ground. I would have to peel away the peat prior to transplant.

Bob

Jkeaton95

Well I'm located near Knoxville tn. There is three types. The soil is perfect, I have a humidity gauge in there the reason they didn't sprout right off is because the heat wasn't high enough I turned a lil space heater on the box and now they are wonderful. Also I most them every morning and every night. So that should keep them perfect. I'll take another photo today to get better quality. I have some Connecticut shade, Havana long and some sort of Virginia breed a local guy gave me and rolled some cigars with it has wonderful flavor but not very familiar with his seed .

Jkeaton95

Also not peat pots, it's a tray with a blends I researched and made specifically for starting tobacco

Jkeaton95

Update, they are growing fast. Looking great and it's only IMG_0366.jpgday two of the sprouts.IMG_0368.jpg

Charly

They seem to grow a lot in height, if they grow too fast in height and not enough in width, they do not have enough light ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.