Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Youn's first attempt - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charly

:D don't worry about the neighbours ;)
While you have to deal with hot and dry days, here (in the Ardennes) the weather is cold and humid for already some days.... and I have to deal with mold... :(
Good luck with your curing ;)

Youn

:D don't worry about the neighbours ;)
While you have to deal with hot and dry days, here (in the Ardennes) the weather is cold and humid for already some days.... and I have to deal with mold... :(
Good luck with your curing ;)

Here it's dry but relatively cold, or rather, it's oscillating between cold and hot — in the morning we had 10 and in the afternoon 25/30°C.
My improvised system is working well but now I have to pay attention to the mold… it get humid in the night. Well, for now I can't see mold… can it come early when the leaves have just a few days hanged?

Until now, the easiest variety to lead to yellowing is the Ohio Dutch, it's already yellow and is starting get brown.
Harder with the Vuelta Abajo but I think that the size of the leaves don't help me… mines are even smaller than what you can expect from this variety (due to the disease) and a few afternoons with some hours below 45% RH had been enough to dry green an important part of it.

Good luck against the mold!

ChinaVoodoo

I've only gotten mold on the parts of leaves that have already dried out. Lamina that still looks relatively alive, green or yellow, hasn't molded for me ever, except maybe in damaged spots which are dead.

Charly

As ChinaVoodoo said mold only comes on dried parts of the leaves, but since the stem dries slower than the lamina, you can have mold coming fast... (my case)
If your lamina is color cured, you can put your leaves in a dry place (in your home for example) to dry the stem faster.

Youn

Very well, so I only have to survey the damaged parts of the leaves for now.

Yellowing :
Leaves primed between Agust 13 and 15 :
yellowing.jpg
Ohio Dutch :
yellowing_OD.jpg
Vuelta Abajo :
yellowing_VA.jpg

Gavroche

[QUOTE = Youn; 138704] Ouais! Exacte, je pense que les voisins s'inquiètent de ma santé mentale! [/ QUOTE]

Fiché "S" te guette ! ah ah ah ! mais bon, si ça marche !

Youn

For the rest of us:

"S" file is waiting for you! Ah ah ah! But hey, if it works!

I'm done!

Google Translate

Hahaha! Sorry!
I didn't know how to translate that but Google Translate did it very well!
I only have to explain that in France, the "S" file lists suspects potentially relationated with terrorism.

Youn

I didn't know that.

Bob

The general public is talking about this since the events of 2015, Charlie Hebdo attack and Bercy — I imagine you've heard about it — but actually this file do exist since a long time.
The S file is not especialy dedicated to the terrorism but to what concerns "state security" in general.

Youn

celles cueillies le 13 /08 ?...

"The ones that were picked on the 13th of August?"

Yes, this ones. What I picked between 13 and 15 of august looks like that, exept a few leaves of Vuelta Abajo that I'm afraid had dried green before I construct the drying room. But who knows, it seems yellowing very slowly, after all.
We have very dry days and all would have been dried green without the drying room… I made it just at time!

/ Oui, celles-ci. Celles que j'ai cueilli entre le 13 et le 15 aout ressemblent à ça, sauf quelques feuilles de Vuelta Abajo dont j'ai peur qu'elles aient séchées vertes avant que j'ai construit la chambre de séchage. Mais qui sait, elles ont l'air de devenir jaunes très lentement après tout.
Nous avons des journées très sèches depuis un moment, tout aurait séché vert sans la chambre de séchage, je l'ai fait juste à temps!

Youn

I need an advice please!
Here an exemple of the most avanced leaves, with 2 weeks and a half curing :
yellowing_browning_OD.jpg

Some are totally yellow, some are browning :
yellow_OD.jpgbrown_OD.jpg

And some others still show slightly green areas :
green_OD_01.jpggreen_OD_02.jpggreen_M.jpggreen_VA.jpg

I remind that I had to hang the leaves in a mini greenhouse because of the very dry climate of the last two weeks ; I took it out today and hung up again in the shed as the weather got very wet since yesterday.

My question : concerning those leaves which are still slightly green, are there still a risk of drying green if the weather become dry again in the next days? With other words, can a leaf still dry green when it has reached this stage of major yellowing?

Gavroche

Yes, you can have green zones on sheets(leaves) become brown...

You can pschitter your sheets(leaves) when it is too dry.

Oui, vous pouvez avoir des zones vertes sur les feuilles devenues marrons...

Vous pouvez pschitter vos feuilles quand c'est trop sec.

Youn

Thanks Gav.
So, if I understand well, it can still dry out whitout having time to degrade all the green. :/

/ Donc, si je comprends bien, ça peut encore sécher complètement sans avoir le temps de dégrader tout le vert. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.