Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Brick Wall Tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tutu

I was driving around in a small Jember village and came across something I just had to share with you guys. I think if you would try to grow tobacco this way it wouldn't even work. But apparently, it can be done. What exactly you ask? Grow tobacco out of a wall! And not just a single plant! See for yourself.

IMG_20170323_125238409.jpg

IMG_20170323_125246173.jpg

IMG_20170323_125259701.jpg

IMG_20170323_125317093.jpg

Tutu

If this was not intentional, how did this come about?

As Besuki is never topped around here to keep thin leafs, there's billions and billions of seed around these villages. They're bound to end up in some unconventional places. Usually you find abandoned little plants around curing barns. Actually, there was a curing barn right behind this wall which they were renovating.

MarcL

As Besuki is never topped around here to keep thin leafs, there's billions and billions of seed around these villages. They're bound to end up in some unconventional places. Usually you find abandoned little plants around curing barns. Actually, there was a curing barn right behind this wall which they were renovating.

I love it! .. I guess, you can't keep a good plant down. .. that rhymes with something.. anyways, this would be a great thread for all of those strays we find out and about. if so inclined that is.

Tutu

I followed up on that idea MarcL. I think it would be interesting to find more stray plants and take a few pictures. I saw another little plant today in another village. It has been growing right beside a curing barn. At first it looked like a very normal small sized tobacco plant. But when I looked at its stem, I saw that it was quite peculiar. Not a single shoot, but this plant must be quite a bit older than it looks at first sight. I will continue to look for other specimen.

IMG_20170406_094009114.jpg

IMG_20170406_094111084.jpg

Tutu

That may very well be the case. Good point! Last week a colony of ants bit a few holes in a ziplock bag and stole half my supply of Tabije seed which was probably about 50 gram of seed. It took me a while to notice. Once I did, I obstructed the whole operation

Tutu

Found another stray plant! Well actually, we knew it was there for a while now. It's right in front of our office. Nobody seems to know how it has gotten there. I think most people suspect me to be the 'evildoer', but I'm not. Not quite sure what type it is either. I'd expect it to be Besuki but then the edges of the lamina look much more like Kasturi. Not too sure about it just yet. Here are some pictures.

DSC_0392.jpg

DSC_0396.jpg

DSC_0394.jpg

Tutu

Innocent until proven guilty!

Anyway, came across another nice batch of stray plants today.
After harvesting, farmers usually cut their plants and dry them next to the road.
Some of the seeds must have fallen in this little ditch.
They're not in their best shape I would say...

Strays.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.