Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

when to take off the lid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
...flip the whole thing 180 and see if those lying down will follow the sun and start looking lively. i know plants dont like being moved, so will this cause issues?
No. Rotating them won't cause a problem. If you are watering the tray from the bottom with a tilted tray, then they are not being watered evenly. Make it level.

Bob

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I haven't found tobacco to be finicky with handling at all, if anything it appreciates the attention, every time you transplant it just seems more vigorous.

BarG

Founding Member
Plants naturaly move to face the sun. I rotate if some are getting more sun than others. If you have sun from one direction and they are shaded as if a lid on seed starter tray, every plant will lean to face the sun. I have a double stainless commercial sink out doors I use for watering by placing flats of cells into about 3/4" water till soaked up to surface and then removed and can drain till next time. It depends on weather, wind, temp and humidity and how much partial sun allowed to decide on next watering. I am learning from many growers here to not overwater, and make the roots search a bit for it when in a soil medium.

Rayshields

Welcome Mindychangs!
You will find a lot of helpful information and people on this forum. You will also find a few things not to do...like fertilize your plants with urea nitrogen for example. Also you are going to be a member of a group of fools that like to experiment and have a lot of fun with each other. Good growing to you.

Ray

johnlee1933

Founding Member
well this helps me. thanks everyone :]

Mindy,

Welcome to the forum. You'll get lots of help here and some fun too. You may find the FAQ's at the top of the page helpful. If you'll add a general location like South Iowa or some such to your profile it will help us help you.

Again welcome,

John

Status
Not open for further replies.