Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Perique technique on cigarette tobacco?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I have made different batches of Perique with a number of various classes of tobacco (burley, an Oriental, Bolivia Criollo Black, and others that I can't recall right now). All of it makes good Perique. The stronger the tobacco that goes in, the stronger the Perique comes out. I have not used a flue-cure variety. I would imagine that it also would work well.

Bob

greenmonster714

LOL! No habla espanol.

Lol. Its not Spanish I believe it is French. Anyways, since being here at FTT I've found this tool very helpful since we have such a large international membership. It is also helpful when your searching for seed or information. Bob suggested this to me awhile back and it has been very helpful.

https://translate.google.com/

burge

Mark Ryan has a new tobacco out called raccoons delight where he uses Virginia in a perique press.

MichaelSanders

Burge, thanks. Ive been pondering the idea of the perique technique for awhile now. Im interested in using japan 8, since its supposed to have a licorice flavor or aroma. I'd love feedback on japan 8 perique.

Planter

I wish I could give you that feedback, but I went through my jars to realize that Japan-8 is quite the only thing I have not periqued... I know from Prilep and Izmir that at least the Orientals keep some of their peculiar aroma when processed this way. Japan-8, despite looking somewhat like a dark air cured, can have a lot of sugar, so in my experience, it won't produce a very alkaline Perique (which has to be considered when blending with Virginia, for example). But I'm quite sure it will smoke well on its own.

Status
Not open for further replies.