Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Any Okie cigar tobacco growers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

waikikigun

Any Okie cigar tobacco growers here with any insight to share?

My brother in law, who lives in Bartlesville with a pretty good plot of land, wants to give it a try. I wonder if there's any special tips he'd find useful for growing Okiebacco.

thx

waikikigun

Thanks for the tip. You feel there may be soil and climate similarities OK-KY?

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I suspect that I don't understand what you're actually asking about. Is your brother-in-law planning a commercial-size grow, or a grow more typical of forum members' grows?

I'm sure that eastern Kentucky and Oklahoma have little in common, so far as soil and climate.

Bob

waikikigun

Gonna guess more typical of forum member's grows, even though I don't know much about forum members' grows. This is a dude who lives with his wife and two young sons on a certain amount of acres. They are into stuff like organics, self-sustenance, etc. He is a soil man for the state guvmint. They grow a bunch of stuff, and he knows of my fondness for tobacco, so he suggested he give it a try. I tried to talk him out of it--curing, fermentation, aging--but his interest did not flag.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Most home-growers on this forum grow fewer than ~300 plants, though some grow quite a bit more, and some grow only a few.

He should simply join this forum. The dozens of detailed grow logs may be helpful. As you are aware, members are generous with their answers to questions posed.

Bob

waikikigun

Thanks. Yeah, I have directed him here and to specific subsections and threads. Just was throwing out a lure to see if there were any fellow-Oakies he might have enjoyed pow-wowing with.

Status
Not open for further replies.