Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Can I blend just using three type of tobacco for pipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pukulsesuatu

Hallo Friends, I have three type of tobacco. First is red virginia, second is burley and oriental tobacco ( izmir). Can I blend tobacco just using virginia, burley and oriental tobacco ? How about a ratio when I using virginia as a base for blend? Thanks.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
You can certainly do that. I would expect the Virginia red (if it is flue-cured) to add acidity and sweetness. The Izmir may add an edge to the taste. Burley will increase the strength and fullness.

A common cigarette blend of the three is Virginia 60-80%, burley 10-20% and Izmir typically ~10%. That might be a place to start. Then let trial and error guide you.

Bob

pukulsesuatu

You can certainly do that. I would expect the Virginia red (if it is flue-cured) to add acidity and sweetness. The Izmir may add an edge to the taste. Burley will increase the strength and fullness.

A common cigarette blend of the three is Virginia 60-80%, burley 10-20% and Izmir typically ~10%. That might be a place to start. Then let trial and error guide you.

Bob

Thanks Bob for information about that, I will try.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I find that if I use more than about 60% (by weight) of flue cured I will get tongue bite. I usually limit my flue cured to about 40%. I usually do not taste Turkish until it is at least 20% but preferably 30%.

pukulsesuatu

Thanks friends for their information, today I trying to mix tobacco with ratio of 40% virginia, 20% burley and 10% oriental. it tolerable but still a little bit tongue bite. I will try next be 40:30:10 we will see taste. Thanks
IMG_3592.jpg

Last edited:

pukulsesuatu

I try again by mixing it with tobacco from pipe 66 kohlase Kopp with ratio of virginia 40%, a pipe 66 30%, 20% burley, and 10% izmir. Taste better than before

chillardbee

Chilliwack BC, Canada (south western Canada)
That first percentage ratio the Bob posted is an excellent and most common percentage for cigarette blends. For pipe blends the ratios can be all over the map but thats understandable with the various ways of treating tobaccos to get the various styles. Perique, latakia, cavendish to name a few. The captian black gold is a golden cavendish using just fluecured tobacco for example.

I'm a cigarette smoker myself but like the pipe once in a while. I've tried my blend in of cigarette tobacco which is typically 60:30:10 fluecured:burley:eek:riental in a filtered pipe just the other day and found that it was a pleasant alternative to rolling my cigs, I need to explore this further.

Chris A

I ended up purchasing an ounce each of blending Latakia & perique. Opens up new possibilities, and together shipped less than $10. Just a thought.

pukulsesuatu

That first percentage ratio the Bob posted is an excellent and most common percentage for cigarette blends. For pipe blends the ratios can be all over the map but thats understandable with the various ways of treating tobaccos to get the various styles. Perique, latakia, cavendish to name a few. The captian black gold is a golden cavendish using just fluecured tobacco for example.

I'm a cigarette smoker myself but like the pipe once in a while. I've tried my blend in of cigarette tobacco which is typically 60:30:10 fluecured:burley:eek:riental in a filtered pipe just the other day and found that it was a pleasant alternative to rolling my cigs, I need to explore this further.
Thanks for information, I am also still explore especially with guide ratio from Bob.

Status
Not open for further replies.