Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

sad,,sad,,sad day..... had to put my dog down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
yesterday when my stepdaughter come in the yard from school he grabbed her real violentlly and broke her wrist with one bite,,,

2 months ago he grabbed a state worker that come in my yard..and hurt her real bad....

he was 8 yrs old and i guess he was going crazy??? but i took him to the animal shelter and had him utenized. '' very peacefull death ''

odd i didnt cry.. while it was happening but i cried when i put him in the ground.....a damn good dog i must say... i rode him many hours and many miles in the semi....i'll miss him a lot. but i have his son im raising which looks just like him

R.I.P '' little-man'' [ that was his name ] one of the best dogs ive ever had.

....IMG_20140725_070959630.jpgIMG_20140818_203802573.jpgIMG_20140909_204357586.jpgIMG_20150912_143747241.jpg

i just feel so detatched from reality right now,:(

greenmonster714

Sorry to hear that news. It is always a sad day when we loose something we love. He certainly was a handsome dog. I've got a half walker coon hound half pitbull. Probably the most loyal dog I've had in years. It is good to hear ya have at least a part of the old boy left in the pup. That doesn't make the loss any easier but the youngster should bring many more years of joy to your family.

Charly

I am sorry for you Chicken.
Pets are part of our families, it's always hard to loose one.

Brown Thumb

Sorry to hear that Chicken, Nice looking dog.
I hate this Schnoodle thing the wife and kids bought.
Cant wait to put it down.
Dang thing jumps all over my leg when I walk in the door and pees all over the floor and my Foot.
I wish that my wife acted like that when I walked in the door:rolleyes:

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I'm sorry to hear that. I think there may be more photos of your dog on the forum than photos of you.

A good dog is always more constant and accepting of us than any human can be. And we often don't even notice that, until they're gone.

Bob

BigBonner

Founding Member
I am sorry to hear about the loss of your dog . But it also takes a BIG man to do what you have done and to do what you think was right .

Leftynick

Sorry to hear that. Even though I don't have a dog, pet is always considered as family. A loss on family members always have a huge impact on our live.

waikikigun

Really sorry to hear about that, man. I am very familiar with that pain and feeling of unreality and sorry that you are having to go through that now.

bryonlr

Rough day Chicken, I know, been there twice. You still got his son, raise him up the same. He will never replace his dad but can't get no better than that.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Sorry to hear that "chicken" as a long time member here on FTT I known that "Little-man" have been meaning alot for you.. A dog is sometimes one of the best friend you can have! Hope you will have alot of good year with his son.. -I don't think he got crazy, he was old and perhaps start to hear bad or see bad, If so it's more simple to understand that it happened, looking back and remember ALL good times instead I am pretty shore he was lucky to be your dog all Dogs don't have a man like you, take care of yourself and little -man's son..

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
thanks for all you guy's kind words.... im starting to come out of my daze. and accept it for what it was....

but for 4 days i felt like some-one had punched me in the gut...and i drive a semi so all i got to do all day long is '' think'' and these thoughts have been heavy on my mind.... ive even put in some miles crying...

but id say 2 days ago instead of focusing on the fact that he's gone. i started focusing on all the good times we had many months of taking him to work with me every - day and the joy he had riding with me in the semi....

all the little things started adding up to a big thing... and as stated i focused on the type of life i gave him verses the lives other dogs may be living...

he had a good owner. and he knew love.. never been on a chain. never had his food or water bowl empty... and he was a inside dog. that slept with me,,,

i got 4 of his kids and his mom im still raising..... time is repairing my broke heart,,

and once again thank all of you for the kind words '' they help also ''

greenmonster714

It is good to hear you've worked through the grief. It hurts and can be physically painful. Moving on comes slowly but we do manage to do so. Pets are much like our children. We raise them with love and kindness but we never know how things will work out. You've got a big heart Chicken.

webmost

Thing of it is, the day when you first get a newly weaned pup, you already know this day is coming. They never last anywhere near long enough. We're at the other end of this now, the wife and I. We're both pretty sure our present dog will have to be our last. Time she passes on, we'll both be 75 or 80... too late to start up another pup. You can't ask your dog to outlive you any more than you can ask a parent to outlive her child. They take it hard.

Look at it this way: It's death that teaches us to treasure life.

Status
Not open for further replies.