Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Alabama Severe Weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenmonster714

Based on the weather reports for tomorrow the Governor has called for a state of emergency. All schools will be closed and I imagine a lot of other things will be as well.

A large dangerous wave of severe weather is headed our way once more. The probability of tornadoes is pretty high. It's events like this that scare me to death. I can only hope these storms spar life in their path but more often than not they kill. If your in Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, or Tenn. keep your head on a swivel and listen to the weather. Many of these storms will start in the early morning hours making them more even more dangerous. The last tornado passed as close as 1/2 mile from our farm. Tomorrow is going to be a long day. Ya'll stay safe.

greenmonster714

Yes we do JBD. The neighbor has a shelter we use.

It appears that mostly everything has passed under us. Doesn't seem to be as bad as they predicted. I'm not complaining.

Charly

Against nature's powers, all we can do is wait and hope for mercy. That reminds us our place on earth.

greenmonster714

Against nature's powers, all we can do is wait and hope for mercy. That reminds us our place on earth.

No doubt about that Charly. I always told myself I'd never live in an area that has tornadoes. Well, once again I disappointed myself. Down here in Alabama there are those that have been hit by tornadoes and those who have not YET.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I lived in northern California for a number of years, and experienced many small earthquakes. The only significant one I experienced was when I was going to school in St. Louis. Our best defense against natural catastrophe is (like a school of fish) in statistics. Most of us won't get eaten.

Bob

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
This is the first place I've lived without seasonal death threats. I'm a fan.

greenmonster714

Vermont is a beautiful state. Cold but beautiful.

I once witnessed a earthquake back in the 80's. I was stationed at Ft. Drum NY. It was early morning and as I shined my boots before work the walls started moving. My kids crib bounced across the room. Craziest thing I've ever seen. Lasted only about 10seconds but wow. A mountain moved about 100mile away causing the tremor.

Smokin Harley

We flew home yesterday after the visit to mom and dad and going to view the property (which went very well). Our original (Southwest) departure time was 6:15pm...you know the rest pretty much. We didn't end up leaving Birmingham until a little after 8 . The flight coming in was from Orlando and had to go back to re-route because of all the storms .It didn't leave Orlando until almost 7 . Got back to Chicago Midway at about 9:30 . Cold crappy rain. We're not going to miss this state at all.

greenmonster714

Glad everything went well. I don't miss Ohio weather at all. Now I put a jacket on when it's 55degrees. One other thing about down here. Arthritis pain is much better. Hot as he'll in the summer but spring, fall, and winter months are fantastic.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
All I know is we left 78 degrees and came back to 40 ...why?
Wind20170406.JPG

The counter-clockwise flow around this monster Low is bringing Canada to Will County.

Bob

Smokin Harley

Wind20170406.JPG

The counter-clockwise flow around this monster Low is bringing Canada to Will County.

Bob

lol, thanks for the meteorological explanation ,Bob. What I meant was why did we WILLINGLY leave 78 degrees and sunny and come back to 40 and rainy and crappy ... Other than my daughter I'm not planning on looking back once we move.

Status
Not open for further replies.