Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Firecure with lemongrass idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftynick

I have an idea on fire curing. As I read Latakia is fire cured using wood and herbs, is it possible to use herb such as lemongrass? It is abundant in my area and if you ever smell burning lemongrass leaves, you will know that it is wonderful. However, I wouldn't know if it safe to consume by inhalation. It is just some idea came to me when researching about Lakeland essence and naturally flavored tobacco (I found some pipe tobacco with actual rose petal included). It just some idea. I don't know how it will taste in a pipe and I wouldn't dare to try it before I can be sure it is safe for smoking. What do you think?

DistillingJim

People drink lemongrass tea so I cant imagine the smoke being excessively noxious. Give it a try!

Leftynick

I found out that Samuel Gawith - Grousemoor has aroma of lemongrass. If I really want to experiment on this, what type of tobacco will be suitable? Most fire cured are with burley because it absorb flavor better but I think it wouldn't go well with nutty burley taste.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
If burning lemongrass smells interesting, then I would give it a try. So, burn some first, to see if it is promising. Some things create peculiar odors when burned. For example, burning black tea smells like marijuana or weeds.

I would suggest using tobacco leaf that is fairly bland and mild. That way, you will be able to determine what effect the lemmongrass has.

Bob

ChinaVoodoo

I found out that Samuel Gawith - Grousemoor has aroma of lemongrass. If I really want to experiment on this, what type of tobacco will be suitable? Most fire cured are with burley because it absorb flavor better but I think it wouldn't go well with nutty burley taste.

Have you had grousemoor? It's exceedingly pungent. I never figured out what the flavor was. I wouldn't have thought lemongrass. The must be more to it.

Leftynick

If burning lemongrass smells interesting, then I would give it a try. So, burn some first, to see if it is promising. Some things create peculiar odors when burned. For example, burning black tea smells like marijuana or weeds.

I would suggest using tobacco leaf that is fairly bland and mild. That way, you will be able to determine what effect the lemmongrass has.

Bob

I did smelled burning lemongrass before. The smell has some sweet smoky lemon scent that for me is nice. I don't know how that would transfer to tobacco though. But I think it will be nice. I did have a bush of lemongrass that my mother in law gave to me for planting. I only need some for planting as that thing will grow a big bush in short time. Maybe I can experiment with some of my air cured Big Gem for starter. That this is mild when I tried it, like sucking on straw. If it tasted good, I have some MD609 seed coming from France that might be more suitable for this experiment.

Have you had grousemoor? It's exceedingly pungent. I never figured out what the flavor was. I wouldn't have thought lemongrass. The must be more to it.

No I haven't. But from the review, it is drowned with the essence. I don't think fire cure with lemongrass will give that heavy smell, but maybe just touch of smoky lemon flavor.

Leftynick

I say make an extract or tincture and use it as a casing.

Now you say it, I did have lemongrass extract I made using Propylene Glycol (PG) during my vaping day. I made it by double boiling lemongrass and PG for few hour. Hopefully my wife doesn't throw that away so I can experiment. However the taste will be different. Burning lemongrass smell sweet smoky lemon that I couldn't explain very well. The smell would be a good compliment to tobacco, and I love fire cure tobacco. I currently smoke halfzware and Erinmore Latakia Supreme, so that is why I get the idea of fire curing.

burge

Lemongrass and lemon Virginia? Wondering if that would work. I do know if you put a flavouring in with tobacco the tobacco will absorb the flavour.

burge

This might be a silly question but can you firecure tobacco in a smoker?

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Status
Not open for further replies.