Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Drawing a Tobacco Seedling with Google Autodraw

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Google has just introduced a handy web-based (free) drawing application that wil allow you to sketch with a mouse (or even crudely with your fingertip on your phone), and then apply artificial intelligence (AI) to improve the quality of the sketch.

https://www.autodraw.com/

For a test run, I opened the app, then roughly sketched a tobacco seedling.

autodraw_tobaccoSeedling.png

That's not too bad, but not too great either. Surely the Google AI knew what I had in mind. It instantly displayed a couple of dozen possible improvements to my amateurish sketch. Below, I've posted just a few of the possibilities (actually, its best guesses):

autodraw_helicopter.png

autodraw_palm.png

autodraw_beach.png

autodraw_aligator.png

autodraw_dragon.png

Will AI take over the world? Not quite yet.

Bob

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Pablo"BOB" Picasso, I Think you will be rich some your after your death. -You are thinking one everything..

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Brilliant! I don't see the crocodile myself though.
If you delete the two leaves on the left, then you've got a crocodile eye and jaws.

I'm partial to the beach chair with its umbrella oriented incorrectly to be of any use. Naturally, lounging in the sun is what I think of, when the subject of growing tobacco arises. The Eiffel Tower was also a choice that was offered, but my French is rusty.

Bob

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
How the ai learns is by the programmer teaching it what is a true match. Google just figured out how to outsource a bunch of labor into teaching/recognition. For free.

In the field of pathology it's really interesting and already in place identifying malignant cells. And it's still in it's infancy. Cool stuff.

There is also a company competing with Tesla in autonomous cars, instead of giving the ai a bunch of rules they are teaching it the same as you would a kid. Initial tests didn't result in a bunch of deaths or banged up cars either.

In the cognitive sense Microsoft developed a bot meant to talk to people and learn in that way. She didn't have hard coded rules and bias and was shut down less than a day after being released for going full Hitler. I'm sure she'll be back after the lobotomy hehe.

But the real fun part will be when all these disparate technologies are combined. And maybe with a sense of introspection so the ai can improve itself. Then here we come singularity:)

Status
Not open for further replies.