Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Mold or Plume? (I'm hoping plume)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtravis

My brother sent me these pics of a cigar a gave him probably a year ago.
He said it's the only one in his humidor with whatever this is on it. What do you guys think?

waikikigun

Looks a tad furry in the first one, = mold. Not much, tho: you could wipe it off with a damp cloth.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
They both look like mold. Suggest to your brother that he keep his humidor at a lower humidity.

I'd probably just wipe of the cigars, and smoke them (unless you sent him cigars with damp filler, in which case, I would toss them).

Bob

Jtravis

They both look like mold. Suggest to your brother that he keep his humidor at a lower humidity.

I'd probably just wipe of the cigars, and smoke them (unless you sent him cigars with damp filler, in which case, I would toss them).

Bob

He said his humidor's been between 60-65% and 70 degrees consistently.
If it was one that I gave him 2 or 3 years ago (which it might be) the filler very well may have been damp in which case I would agree that it is mold.
In the second picture it seems to cover most of the stick though which makes me think it could be plume

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
He can put it in a Ziploc bag overnight, then use the nose test.

Bob

EDIT: Plan B would be for him to have liver function tests (AST and ALT) before and after smoking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.