Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

how to make chewing tobacco mild and smooth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
For a good chewing tobacco Harley has a thread in here for you to read, but when I made it it went like this:

Shred fire cured tobacco
Heat a mixture of apple juice concentrate, dash of salt and molasses in a skillet. Fold tobacco into the mix as it simmers. When it starts getting tacky take pot off the heat and stir it a little more. Then put it into a bag or container of some sort. Press it for a few weeks and enjoy.

If nicotine is too low you can add an alkaline of your choice to the juice at the beginning, no more then 10% by weight of the tobacco.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
For a mild chew I'd recommend just straight Burley. Add some sweetener. I use pure sucralose. Add some vegetable glycerine and a flavor of your choice. Lately I've been enjoying orange flavored dip. It's wonderful.

Smokin Harley

Thanks for the cred Smokes Ahoy, Yes I have made some really good tasting (Apple cinnamon) leaf chew. Included in the ingredients ,besides frozen concentrate apple juice and (kosher)salt base ,I also add a dash of soy sauce (for a savory element) and baking soda to smooth it out.a couple tbsp Molasses .and Cinnamon. (food grade)Glycerin to keep the leaf mouth feel texture soft without being overly sticky, comes out a little drier than say Redman or Beechnut (my favorite). Still working on a good wintergreen flavored one. All my stuff /leaf is packed up for the time being. When we get to our new place I'll be working on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.