Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Information Nicotiana rustica

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeben56

Hi guys (sorry for my bad english),

I'm interesting about the Nicotiana rustica plant and I'm looking for some information about it:

What about the different variety that we have. Does anyone have some information about the history of these.

I'm also interested for the taste of this tobacco. Is it different from the clasic tobacco taste ? Can anyone can describe the taste ? How do you process it ?

If anyone have more information that would be great (article, scientific article, experience,...)

Thank you

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Zeben56: You ain't happens to have a more specific name on the N.Rustica variant? N.Rustica ain't my favorite, I use to grow one or two variants etch season and when I Decided to grow a for me new variant I trying to find as much information about (and around it) as possible... So if you have a name perhaps I have something to share, if not we are alot of members from different part of the world so Iam almost shore that someone known something..

Gavroche

My Mapacho / aztec? / has a flowery taste and cut herbs, it is very strong in nicotine, this pure smoked tobacco makes serene.

mon Mapacho / aztec ? / a un gout fleuri et herbes coupées, c'est très fort en nicotine, ce tabac fumé pur rend serein.

zeben56

Wow thank you Bob this is definitely very interesting.

Hasse SWE: I have some seeds from Sustainable Seed.Co (aztec, sacred Wyandot, Mohawk, Ancient tobacco) that I wanted to try here in Nicaragua. When do you smoke this variety, is there a fermentation process or the leaves are just cured ?

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Wow thank you Bob this is definitely very interesting. Hasse SWE: I have some seeds from Sustainable Seed.Co (aztec, sacred Wyandot, Mohawk, Ancient tobacco) that I wanted to try here in Nicaragua. When do you smoke this variety, is there a fermentation process or the leaves are just cured ?
Oo Iam very sorry but I ain't a smoker (I make oral-snuff out of my tobacco). So I really hope a true smoker going to answer those questions.But the N.Rustica variant I like most of those I have been growing is: Sacred Corn planter and Bolsunov (rustica), but I found even those tasteless and little boring, gees I just ain't a N.Rustica gay..But I know that some people (just like Bob told you) like rustica. Hope you will get a good growing season and found the amazing things with growing your own tobacco, I have not been looking at Nicaragua but think Rustica variants going to make it just fine

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
In a pipe, by itself, I find it overwhelming, in a cigar rather bland. Good smokeless though.

burge

Apparently it grows wild. I have talked to people in BC and they used to pick it wild. The quote I got is that it tasted strong and bitter but it did the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.