Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Anyone know what these seeds are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
If you look at the large photo in the 7th post of this thread, you can see that they have planted these 4-5' tall plants very closely. I would suggest a spacing of about 10 inches.

Bob

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
That is simply incorrect. Hybrids between species (say, N. tabacum x N. rustica) often produce sterile pollen. Within the same species, hybrids are usually fully fertile.Bob
Yes Bob I have also read that that's why I was a little surprised of the sellers answer. I was asking if they had any Idea what the parents name was/is, but because he told me they are sterile I didn't put much more attention on the variant.. But perhaps I will take some days to think about on it, I mean it looks interesting..

ChinaVoodoo

That is a curiosity. Maybe it was simply b.s. to prevent people from producing their own seed. Maybe there is some actual inter-species voodoo going on.

rainmax

Founding Member
I find it curious that the documentation on Krumovgrad-58 states a "cone-shaped" plant, yet the photo clearly shows a columnar plant.

rainmax, do you know if the K-58 produces seed that breeds true?

Bob

As soon as I read your post I write mail to Mrs. Vessi Masheva (Bolgaria) from her I get seeds. Until today I didn't get an answer.
I didn't bag my plants cause I have plenty of original seeds so I can not answer eider.
I can send some seeds...

Status
Not open for further replies.