Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

BTs 2017 Better late Than ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenmonster714

View attachment 20454That's OK, Im drinking Beers while he tills and Im polishing up a Simplicity Sovereign my buddy gave me.
My buddy was gonna scrap it. He was told the engine was shot. So I grabbed it after he asked if I wanted it.
All it needed was a new needle valve in the carb. I felt Guilty but he would not take it back:eek:

Nice deal. The mower barely looks used.

View attachment 20455I gots some garlic going too, wow super easy. Thanks Bob.

I've not planted garlic yet but planning to soon. I love buttering toast and cracking a clove to rub it. Instant garlic bread. So many things are better with garlic.

I got the Garden / Baccy Plot ready.
Planted some Sweet Corn and Onions while I was at it.

sweet looking field. I'd love to have a cultivator for the tractor. I'm going to looking for one for next year. So much easier than a plow and disc.

What plastic sheeting do you use? I might copy you this year, was looking at using husky 4mil 4x100 sheets, thinking 3 rows would do it.

I'm interested in this as well. I've got a few rows that could use this.

Brown Thumb

What plastic sheeting do you use? I might copy you this year, was looking at using husky 4mil 4x100 sheets, thinking 3 rows would do it.
I get it from nolts produce. 4x4000' rolls. I think it is 4 mill.
With the mulch laying machine it only took about a half hr. to put down in the small garden area.
The first time I did it without a machine it took half a litrtime and was a challenge.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Who Me:confused:My buddies kid planted like a acre before winter of all different types tying to get into the Garlic business:confused:
Garlic is fantastic, I growing some really tight and use the foliage like chive..A other thing you can do is"forgot to take up all of them and let them put flowers, this way you will have millions of small garlic.. It's much easier and better to just plant some and let them grow but it's very funny to "test and see" and just Garlic is amazing on that..

Brown Thumb

Transplant time, Plenty to choose from.
I am putting them into new Baccto Soil.
I left the soil nice and airey and did not press it down in the trays.
I am only using ones with a nice root system.
image.jpgimage.jpg

greenmonster714

Transplant time, Plenty to choose from.
I am putting them into new Baccto Soil.
I left the soil nice and airey and did not press it down in the trays.
I am only using ones with a nice root system.
View attachment 20570View attachment 20571

Whoa, those popped up quick in 13 days. You certainly do have a load of them. I hope all goes well and that strain works out for ya. What is that strain mostly used for? Cigs, pipe, cigars, or chew? Are ya going to bag some or just let'em fly?

The Origional Deck is Rough.
Im fixining it up for the Beater Deck.
I scored the deck that's on it for 100 bucks.
That one will be restored with the tractor.
View attachment 20572

Looks sweet. Best looking free mower I've seen in a while. Well, you do have some money in it but that investment should make it last a bit longer. I hate messing with mower decks. It like they cram them up in there with midget hands.

Brown Thumb

I would rather fix the simplicity any day. Less expensive and easier to work on.
2 1/2 hrs to put a radiator I'm my wife's Scag and it only cost 600 bucks for the radiator.
That includes delivery tho:mad:
She put a tree branch thru it backing up.image.jpg

greenmonster714

A tree branch backing up. Now that is the most creative way I've heard of to generate work for a husband..lol. I take blood thinners. Working on motors and stuff like that make me a bloody mess but ya gotta do what ya gotta do to save a little money.

Brown Thumb

Last two trays to go.
I figured out another way to do this.
Im prepped let the games begin.
image.jpg

Brown Thumb

I take a cell and bust it up real Good then Dump it in a pile, Good pickings the roots are real long.
image.jpg

greenmonster714

I tried it that way and a few other ways. Being my first time I had to try different methods to get the job done. So, I guess what I'm saying is I just copied you guys until I found what I liked..lol. I finally decided that germinating in the small tins or jars in Bobs case worked better for me. Once I got the hang of the transplanting of those little guys all went well. One tray I planted directly into the cells thinking I'd just weed them out and leave the strongest one but that seemed to slow the growth because when I did thin them down to one the single plant exploded with growth. Trial and error.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Good score on the mower! My primary mower is a 1986 Kubota diesel. I also have 2 Wards riding mowers (made by Gilson) from the late 60's and early 70's. Both are built like tanks and are very easy to work on. Up until last year I was using my '75 Bolens mower with a tiller attached to it but last year I finally got around to refurbing and hooking up my 4 ft rototiller to my tractor. My tractor by the way is a mid 80's Kubota. Anything built in the 90's and on is just cheap junk.

Brown Thumb

. Anything built in the 90's and on is just cheap junk.
Jeesh, the simplicity is a 96 also built by Allis, built them into 2000?
My Cub Cadet 7260 is a 98, my wife has pretty much destroyed it.
let alone I let it sit in the wether since new.
It runs like a champ tho, I even seized the engine in it a yr or so ago.
Cooled her down and it fired up again after putting some squirrel piss in her. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.