Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

looking to buy plants

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonk1

Does anyone know where I can buy some plants? I live in the CT and am looking for a breed good for my area. I am new to growing tobacco as a hobby.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
What kind of tobacco product do you use now? (cigars, chew, snuss, etc). There are a lot of places you can buy CT Broadleaf and Shade Leaf in CT.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
big-bonner sells live plants,,,

he has a thread in here, discussing it,,,,

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
If you want to do something local I heard there are a bunch of farms by one of the major airports, perhaps one of them would sell extra seedlings. But it would probably be faster and easier to buy from bigbonner and then you would know exactly what you are growing. We have many members here that don't bother with starting seed and just order transplants from him.

BigBonner

Founding Member
If anyone need plants just let me know . I have been busy here starting plants .

BigBonner

Founding Member
Do you have a list of plants? I looked around on the forum and couldn't find it.

I have been waiting to see which plants are germinating right and what survives before I list all of what I have . But everything is going as planned . I will have several different varietys .I keep them all marked and know the exact tray and the correct plant varietys .

johnlee1933

Founding Member
If you want to do something local I heard there are a bunch of farms by one of the major airports, perhaps one of them would sell extra seedlings. But it would probably be faster and easier to buy from bigbonner and then you would know exactly what you are growing. We have many members here that don't bother with starting seed and just order transplants from him.

That would be Bradley International just north of Hartford. There used to be many acres of tobacco in that area. Urban sprawl has eaten up a lot of them but some are still operational. A little further north and up into Mass. there are still a few also.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.