Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Jojjas 2017 growing effort

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojjas

This year i am decided to restrict my self to only 3 varietys
Litle dutch , Perique (seeds from Chillardbee (thank you )) and Corojjo Robaina i (seeds from a tourist in who was in cuba last year, thank you tourist ) :D:p
Seeds was in the soil mid of march, and in good growth , first haircut was done today , pictures was very bad, so new and hopefully better pictures will show up next post
Mikael

Charly

Good luck with your crop Jojjas :)
With these three strains you should make some good cigars ;)

Tutu

Yes good luck to you indeed. Looking forward to see those pictures then! How many will you be growing of each variety?

rainmax

Founding Member
This year .....only 3 varieties

Bravo. Good luck my friend.
I will grow Corojo 99 from the same tourist and Criollo 98, some Besuki from Indonesia for wrapper and Bob's favorite Havana which I get from France.
I have also prepared one tray of Perique if I change my mind and grow more,... Dominican Olor, Vuelta Abajo, Bahia, Criollo Colorado and some Virginia...but I don't think so.
Hope to see some pictures in July until than do your best. It is quite cold in Europe just now, specially at your place.

jojjas

Bravo. Good luck my friend.
I will grow Corojo 99 ............. It is quite cold in Europe just now, specially at your place.
Thank you all boys,and Maks , don´t you have a job to go to this summer :) , with so many varietys you got a all day´s work whole summer long , i think , and a good luck to you with your grow , and that include you other as well
Yepp we got a really crappy weather here now , snow, rain ,wind , cold and all kind of weather type´s just in a few hours , the spring come to an halt and winter is back the last two weeks , yuck:p

20170424_203317.jpg
But my plant´s are coming quite good little dutch and perique closest and corojjo to left in the picture , 120 plant´s in total , somwhat like 200 plant´s as i had last year was to much job at the end , espcially when it was a harvest beyond expectation

Last edited:

jojjas

Plants is out on the patches this year , tent is up and ready to shade the plants , that red tube is an planting tool , use it to put my plants into the soil whit out to bend my back , wonderful invention :)
20170520_145914.jpg
the biggest patch holds almost only corojo , 52 plants and one row of little dutch
20170520_154410.jpg
small patch has little dutch and one bed with perique as crop plus the rhubarb and 10 potatoes to the left of the rhubarb
20170520_161607.jpg
my tiller do the job this year again , had to cuddle with it quite a bit this year before it started
well the tiller is almost as old as i am , 1966 year model , not me but the tiller , so a refurbishing is needed so it can do a good job the next 50 years

jojjas

It cant resist to hard winds but it can resist 8 -10 m/sec , how ever, the thin cloth is worn out ower the time due to flaping in the wind , but i hope that it is going to hold together this year ,
I will probably have to nail new cloth on the frames to next year

Charly

Good ! nice shaded patch !
Are you going to grow the same strain with and without the shade ? It could be a good idea to see the differences :) (for you and for us ;) )

jojjas

Yes , but it will be little dutch only , i had connecticut broadleaf on both patces last year and it was quite a substansial difference in leaf quality

jojjas

Update 7-02-17
We had only 75mm (3 inch ) of rain since i put out my plants 5-20-17 , even so growth is quite good , but i have give them a good shower in the coming week
Here in sweden we have had a drought the since the mid of 2016 ,it´s missing about 1200-1500 mm ( 4-5 feet ) of rain and water is running out in many private well´s , and usually it rains about 150-200 mm (6-8 inches ) every month during the summer , not this year and everybody screaming for rain,
20170619_184621.jpg
One month after transplant (6-19-2017) , just started to take off
20170624_153058.jpg
One week later (6-24-2017)
20170702_182433.jpg
Today (7-02-2017)

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
The plants look wonderful.

All the energy from the overheated North Atlantic is dumping rain on Denmark, while the upper level winds sweep northwest over the abnormally cold Baltic Sea, and then onto Sweden. Strange weather for Europe.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.