Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Gold Dollar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leftynick

I think I am confused. I planted Gold Dollar because I read that it is brightleaf variety, yet many of grower said Gold Dollar are burley. When I search ars-grin it said flue cure variety. am I missing something? or is it the same as big gem, where it is a burley but treated as flue cure?

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Leftynick: If you makes a search on grin-Ars with all GOLD DOLLAR you will find 6 the five ones how ain't active is all donated 1944 and 1945. The one the one that still are active you can read follow:"NarrativeGold Dollar is a selection from Jamaica seeds provided to Coker in 1928 by the Oxford Tobacco Research Station."So pretty old variant I can say..I have it and even I have it markt "old flue-cured Burley" not shore were I have found the reason to write"Burley" it taste more like a Bright leaf if you asking me.. But I will take some times next week to see if I can found some files how classified it as a Burley..

Leftynick

Leftynick: If you makes a search on grin-Ars with all GOLD DOLLAR you will find 6 the five ones how ain't active is all donated 1944 and 1945. The one the one that still are active you can read follow:"NarrativeGold Dollar is a selection from Jamaica seeds provided to Coker in 1928 by the Oxford Tobacco Research Station."So pretty old variant I can say..I have it and even I have it markt "old flue-cured Burley" not shore were I have found the reason to write"Burley" it taste more like a Bright leaf if you asking me.. But I will take some times next week to see if I can found some files how classified it as a Burley..

Well, if you say it tasted like flue cure then it is good enough. I get these seeds from you, remember?I only confused because I choose 3 flue cure variety (including gold dollar) and 2 burley variety. Majority of my flue cure variety is Gold Dollar so I wouldn't want excessive burley variety. Thank you.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
I can only tell what I feel in my oral-snuff, I have only made a few batches of cigarettes to my wife..Nope don't really remember the specific names of the variants I sent to you. But I have the mail(s) saved on my email..

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
I don't find anything that explain that some pages have GOLD DOLLAR as a burley, it is one of the old "flue-cured" variant..It's one off the variants that don't recommend to be stalk cured, if that what people thinking to do shall HARVEST GOLD be a better alternative.Harvest Gold was thinking to be the new Gold Dollar variant (back in the day) more resistant and a little lower in nicotine (but the level looking to be just a little lower than Gold dollar) and make better quality on stalk-cured (flue-curing tobacco).But back to GOLD DOLLAR I posted some nicotine information here:http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/7377-Nicotine-Levels?p=134598#post134598But it's fascinated that a tobacco already on 1930's was planing to be replaced but still was growing in the 1950's.

Status
Not open for further replies.