Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

About the forum : "nominate post" or "add to user's reputation"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charly

Hi everyone,
Sorry to be a slow learner :D
I am on FTT for about one year already, and I just noticed that there was a small "sherif star" on the left of every post in the forum... when I put my cursor on it, it says "add to this user's reputation"
I suppose I can click on it when I find an interesting post, right ?
For now I have only been using the thumb up "Nominate this post for special consideration"...

Sorry if I did not use the forum the right way...

There is a lot of interesting post on which I did not give the sherif star :(
Sorry, I will try to use it now that I found it :D :D

I am sure there is a lot of other fonctionnalities that I haven't noticed yet... :D

greenmonster714

Now that you bring it up. I just found out with your post. I wondered how that worked. I did nominate a thread but since you mention the star I know a little more now. Thanks Charly.

Tutu

With the star you are able to give a description with your rating, with the thumbs up you are not. Never really understood why there's two ways to rate people, but I think that's better than none!

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
With the star you are able to give a description with your rating, with the thumbs up you are not. Never really understood why there's two ways to rate people, but I think that's better than none!
LoL the thumbs up is the easiest way for me to nominate a post, but I think I mostly use the star..

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Both the star and the thumbs-up generate the same reputation points, and as Tutu points out, the star allows a text comment to be added.

When you receive reputation points, it will be flagged in your Notifications, and clicking on it will take you to your Reputation page, which shows which posts have been so honored. If you then click on Settings (upper right menu), you can see your current reputation as a number, as well as your reputation power (how many points you give each time you click a star or a thumbs-up). My reputation power is 30, like that of most senior members.

The thumbs-up talleys to the Nominated Posts listing (see menu above).

If you hover above the green bar below a user name (beside each post), a silly phrase appears. The maximum number of little green squares is 11. But for wildly high reputation values, there are additional changes to the phrase that appears.

squares: rep points
  • 1: 10
  • 2: 50
  • 3: 150
  • 4: 250
  • 5: 350
  • 6: 450
  • 7: 550
  • 8: 650
  • 9: 1000
  • 10: 1500
  • 11: 2000
  • 11: 3000 [level 1 Guru]
  • 11: 4000 [level 2 Guru]
  • 11: 6000 [level 3 Guru]
  • 11: 8000 [level 4 Guru]
  • 11: 12000+ [level 5 Guru]
Of course, a more meaningful reputation system might divide your points by your number of posts (how likely is a post by this person to be notable?), or divide your points by how long you have been a member (how frequently does this person post notable information?).

As it is, the longer you hang around and say something meaningful from time to time, the higher your reputation will become. So, if you continue posting stuff to the forum for enough years, your reputation will increase, even though you do not become more reputable. :p

Bob

Charly

As it is, the longer you hang around and say something meaningful from time to time, the higher your reputation will become. So, if you continue posting stuff to the forum for enough years, your reputation will increase, even though you do not become more reputable. :p

Ok so I have a chance to get a good reputation, all I need is patience ! :D

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
FTT is inclusive. The most vituperative villains, and even those baffled by Bafra can reach for the stars (or the little green thingies) here. (And the larger the number of forum members, the smaller the percentage of those who even notice.)

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.