Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

What am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chacocii

I've rolled a good dozen cigars with multiple blends using the corojo 99 oscuro leaf from WLT but I always have trouble keeping that specific wrapper lit and burning. Same blends with different wrappers work no problem. Is there a trick to this wrapper I'm not aware of?

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Try adding more of it to the core. I've never tried that specific leaf but for thick top leaves that don't burn well having a denser core of slower burning thick leaf will equalize the burn and ensure the whole thing burns slow enough to burn the wrapper evenly. Also a thick leaf will require more time drying out after rolling it.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Try a thin binder (in medium case) that burns well. Make sure the filler is in low case--may crack, but not crumble.

Bob

Chacocii

Try adding more of it to the core. I've never tried that specific leaf but for thick top leaves that don't burn well having a denser core of slower burning thick leaf will equalize the burn and ensure the whole thing burns slow enough to burn the wrapper evenly. Also a thick leaf will require more time drying out after rolling it.

Here I am trying to figure out how to get the wrapper to burn faster and the solution very well could be to make the filler burn slower. I like that idea. I'll try it next time I use that wrapper, thanks. Just got some of the criollo 98 wrapper tho so I'm wrapping with that today.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Yep, that's my take on it at least. My leaf is very thick and slow even burns fixed my canoeing and tunneling issues.

Also diameter, packing density and double wrappers all tie in to a nice even burn

D0CH0LLIDAY

I had the same issues with the corojo. I'm trying other wrappers because I'd rather not have to have everything exactly perfect in order to have a decent burning cigar.

Status
Not open for further replies.