Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Need help identifying these hand rollers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelSanders

Any imfo would greatly be appreciated! Ive seen em on YouTube but I'm clueless as to their name. Id also appreciate it if anyone has a link to how to use them or make one. Thanx!

013d05c2c778727ca08a55b7bbd9d617.jpg
04a950a9f07ffb3db6ae89cd1d68a35f.jpg

Leftynick

Any imfo would greatly be appreciated! Ive seen em on YouTube but I'm clueless as to their name. Id also appreciate it if anyone has a link to how to use them or make one. Thanx!

View attachment 20605
View attachment 20606

The first one is Myanmar/Burmese cheroot roller. I don't know whether there are "how to make" video on that. The second one is Indonesian self made alat lintingan rokok (cigarette rolling machine) basically a pencil and plastic. This is a video on making one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPVwh-fba8M

Tutu

Let me help out a little bit with that Burmese cheroot. I have two packs of them laying around so I opened one to show you what it looks like. Although I would say the name is a bit deceiving when it comes to those I have. The name suggests they are cigars, as from the Portugese word "charuto", from which Malay and Indonesian also got their word for cigar cerut/cerutu. The filler of the sticks I have are very small scraps. It's shape is like a slight cone. Anyway, here's the shot:

DSC_0314.jpg

Leftynick

Hey Tutu, I have always wondered what those cheroot wrapped with. Is it green tobacco? I read somewhere about these Burmese cheroot that they are not only made with short filler, they also add flavors such as aniseed, banana (real banana, not the essence) and burmese rice wine. It has filter made with corn husk and supposed to be very smooth. They also have cheroot wrapped with corn husk, which made me that think their definition of cheroot is large sized cigarette rather than all tobacco cigar like kentucky cheroot.

Frozenthunderbolt

Hey @Leftynick I rolled some corn husk cigarillos the other day.
They are very nice - the husk adds a 'sweetness' to the taste in my opinion.
Using the thinner inner husks works best dried/cured similarly to tobacco.
Found that there was a tendency for the husk to char into a black cylinder as the tobacco in the middle burnt nicely.
Worth a try I think.

MichaelSanders

I think I have a basic understanding of how they work.
Great Tutu. I think they use corn husks wrapped in paper as a filter, if I'm not mistaken.

Tutu

One thing is for sure, it's not tobacco leaf that it is wrapped in. According to the internet it's called thnatphet leaf. It is very hardy. Those I have here are only filled with very small scraps. Some of looks sun cured, some of it smells a little bit stronger. There is no flavouring inside and when I was in Myanmar I have tried a few different kinds, also without flavouring. At that point in time I did think of them more as if they were cigars, but I didn't know much about tobacco back then. Now, I think of them more of a traditional cigarette, not much different from the Swisher Sweets Cigarillos (bleegh). No they're better than that. I have seen people use aniseed when preparing there betel nut, so I'm sure that some use it for their cheroot as well.

But Leftynick. If you're in Kuala Lumpur at some point, there's a small Myanmar / Nepal district close to Kota Raya. Even better, if you walk from Puduraya toward Chinatown, there's a little Burmese mall. I think you'll definitely have a chance of finding cheroots over there. If you walk from Puduraya to Chinatown on Jl. Tun Perak, it's on your left side. There's this cheap Burmese restaurant on the outside called Safura, great fermented tea-leaf salad they've got. Then somewhere on the side of that restaurant there's an entrance into the mall. It doesn't have a sign or anything, but when you get inside you'll see the Burmese script all around. Once you're in there, try the supermarket, I think it's called Zayyar. But there's more. And if they don't have cheroots there, they'll probably sell them on the streets at Leboh Pudu and Lorong Pudu.

burge

Canada had the v mster I think that was the name that made a super long stick that you had to cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.