Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Cigar related new-old toy

Status
Not open for further replies.

DIY Pete

So a friend of mine in into clocks and was at an auction this weekend. She sent me a text and said there was this clock I would love. I figured what the heck and told her to bid on it. As it would happen I got it. It appears to function but I might go through it and give the works a cleaning and tune up. I always wanted to learn how to work on clocks and this might give me a reason.

The clock is about 39 inches tall (99cm for you metric folks)

Pete

clock.jpg

Last edited:

greenmonster714

Beautiful clock. I like the cigar ad on it. Gives it some character. I grew up in a house that would raise the dead every hour. My dad loved them. I'm good with just one on the wall. I guess that never rubbed off.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice. I see that it's a mechanical calendar clock. Should be interesting to work on. Does it have a gong?

Bob

Edit: do a Google Image search for "Ingraham calendar regulator clock".

Last edited:

DIY Pete

No gong or chime on this clock so the movement should be comparatively simple. I started it yesterday afternoon and I am waiting to see if the date function works. I am going to let the main spring wind down, rewind it and see how long it runs on a winding. I will also see how well it keeps time. I wouldn't have purchased it if it was a plain clock but the advertising made it a must have.
Doug

DIY Pete

Well the new clock is working as it should but it is running slow by about 5 minutes a day. I will give it a wind tonight and adjust the pendulum nut to see if I can't get it dialed in.
Pete

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
...running slow by about 5 minutes a day.
Sounds just like me. That actually seems remarkable, for a clock that probably hasn't been adjusted for ages. If you haven't cleaned the works yet, I'd do that before adjusting it. There are bunches of tutorials on the subject. I'm envious.

Bob

Smokin Harley

So a friend of mine in into clocks and was at an auction this weekend. She sent me a text and said there was this clock I would love. I figured what the heck and told her to bid on it. As it would happen I got it. It appears to function but I might go through it and give the works a cleaning and tune up. I always wanted to learn how to work on clocks and this might give me a reason.

The clock is about 39 inches tall (99cm for you metric folks)

Pete

View attachment 20626

that is beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.