Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hi I'm ED First time as a member.

Status
Not open for further replies.

edmatlock

I have a powermatic tobacco shredder that locked up. I took it apart and found one of the roller bearings destroyed causing the roller to bind. Any ideas? Repair, use for parts? Is there a warranty or can you find parts? In the mean time I need a shredder quick.

Brown Thumb

Welcome Aboard,
Lots of info under shredders.
there is a bearing no. On it.
I forget the no.
You can Order it on line or get it from powermatic.

edmatlock

No luck with powermatic parts. I think it came from China. Anyone got a bearing they want to sell?

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Just measure the inside and outside diameter of the bearing. Look on Ebay. They are probably about $3.00 or $4.00 a piece. Consider getting a Category ABAT 4 or 5 bearing. Also, make sure the bearing number has a "R" in it, "R" is for rubber shield.

edmatlock

There are two bearings that hold in the gears. One bearing is good and I found a number. I ordered the bearing, $14.00, be hear in 3 days. I hope I can put this thing back together. I have completely taken it apart. The shipping was more than the bearing.

burge

How old is your machine? Hopefully that will fix it. My next shredder will be a manual that I can attach a power drill to it.

edmatlock

I ordered a new bearing. will be here on Friday. Will let you know how it works. My machine was bought 5-2015. I only used it on about 100 lbs and all stripped and checked. the bearing must have had a defect. I never had any noise while using it. Just quit one day.

edmatlock

Well, I screwed up and ordered the wrong size bearing. With all the numbers on the internet, I ordered what I was told instead of what was stamped on the old bearing. I ordered a 6x19x6 bearing, but I wanted a 8x19x6 bearing. I reordered and will have it in 3 days. I hope I have enough tobacco in storage.

edmatlock

I HAD TO BUY A NEW POWERMATIC. WORKS GREAT.

I HAVE PARTS NOW.

THE ONLY PARTS I TRUST ARE THE CIRCUIT BOARD AND THE MOTOR.

EMAIL IF INTERESTED

ED

Status
Not open for further replies.