Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Best of the Rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenmonster714

Not bad. Not bad at all. Best of the rest is tobacco sold by the pound over at pipesandcigars. BOTR is a what ya might call a hobo stew. At the end of each day of packing orders the table scraps of all blends are bagged and saved for sale as is. For $16.99 a pound I just had to give it a try.

Comes in a nice fat sack. The aroma is pleasant and the tobacco appears a bit dry. The taste in the bowl is good. Can't nail down any specific dominate flavor but it smokes good and does stay lit. I've had this bag for a few months now. I often smoke it alone or add a little to a tobacco I really like to make it stretch a bit further. For that it does well for me. I do like the idea of knowing who knows what is in it other than a blend of many other very good tobacco's.

If your board and want to try something no one else has give it a go. For the price it's a pretty good deal.

https://www.pipesandcigars.com/mobile/p/best-of-the-rest-pipe-tobacco-pipe-tobacco/1475880/#p-2000107

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
There was an interesting study of human perception of aroma mixtures. While there are scores of distinct aroma categories, and thousands of gradations that can be perceived, once you mix more than about 30 of them together randomly, the distinct constituents can no longer be identified, and the impressions is usually that it smells "good."

My guess about the pleasant nature of these dust bin/floor sweepings offerings by most bulk tobacco merchants, is that there are so many different flavorants that are merged together, it just comes out with a "good" aroma.

Bob

greenmonster714

That sounds pretty awesome! Like tobacco shake.

It's hard to describe but I guess you could call it a box of chocolates blend. When I run out of this stuff I'll buy another for sure. It seems to go a long way.

There was an interesting study of human perception of aroma mixtures. While there are scores of distinct aroma categories, and thousands of gradations that can be perceived, once you mix more than about 30 of them together randomly, the distinct constituents can no longer be identified, and the impressions is usually that it smells "good."

My guess about the pleasant nature of these dust bin/floor sweepings offerings by most bulk tobacco merchants, is that there are so many different flavorants that are merged together, it just comes out with a "good" aroma.

Bob

Gotta agree. Taste and aroma are so different for everyone. If ya read some reviews at the pnc site about this bag of baccy. There are some that like it and some that say it's horrible. I do not put much weight into reviews. If the tobacco in the blend sound good or what I
think I may enjoy I go with that usually. I guess it's not real hard to please my taste buds. I don't have a lot of experience judging tobacco but ultimately there are to answers....good or bad. I tend to be the guy who blends my cottage cheese with applesauce so a mixed bag of all blends tends to appeal to me...lol.

greenmonster714

I think my wife throws up in here mouth a little when she sees me eating it..lol. So, to make it even more fun I let some fall in my beard and pretend it's not there. The things we do to amuse ourselves and disgust others
.lol

ChinaVoodoo

I remember when my current tobacconist bought the store, it came with a stockpile, amongst many good tobaccos, of Savinelli Special and Savinelli Cavendish. It was terrible stuff. He worked at blending it, and eventually got rid of it in the form of a blend called "something different". It was in impressive feat. I firmly believe that given enough effort, even the worst tobacco can become smokeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.