Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Tobacco from Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenmonster714

I've be looking at these pipe blends from Japan. They sound good and the reviews are favorable. I like the wide ribbon cut as well. Anyone here ever tried any of these?

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
They have some nice artwork.

003-676-0003.jpg

Bob

ChinaVoodoo

Unfortunately, I believe it's not legal to export tobacco from Japan. I don't have a reference, but I recall it coming up in discussion about kizami tobacco.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure what part of Tsuge pipe tobacco might possibly be from Japan, other than the name. Tsuge is famous for its Japanese made briar pipes. The pipe tobacco uses various Perique sources and fire-cure tobaccos, as well as Virginias and burley. Drew Estates is headquartered in Estelí, Nicaragua, and we don't really know where the pipe tobacco is manufactured.

Like Rattray's pipe tobacco (no longer made in Perth), many are not made in the countries of their brands' origin. Well know brand names are just marketing tools.

Bob

DistillingJim

Indeed. Whatever the origins of the contents, Tsuge's artwork is, to my mind, unparalleled.

greenmonster714

Tsuge pipetobacco is available here
http://www.4noggins.com/tsuge-pipe-tobacco.aspx

I am not sure about this , but i think i read somewhere on internet that tsuge pipetobacco is manufactured in denmark

It probably is. Ain't nothing as it appears anymore..lol. The only thing that appeals to me is the tobacco cut. Nice n fat ribbon. That may not make any diference but it looks nice. I'll probably make some bricks this winter and make my own wide cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.