Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Possible new Leaf Lemon Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

burge

Don was gracious enough to send me some. It is light smooth and sweet. I opened it first so not sure how it would taste after aging 6 months to a year but I think anyone who has found lemon to be harsh will like this smooth leaf.

burge

It is something that is not available right now and its not the first priming. The leaf is lemony and a little light orange in colour.

burge

it has some nicotine in it and some flavor. Don may be able to elaborate more but I thought I would post about it. I have only rolled a pack and liked it. More of a typical Canadian Virginia.

burge

I just shredded some big leaves and a good nicotine fix. Watered and pressed to ferment will be interesting to see how it tastes in a week or so.

larryccf

i ordered some of the canadian virginia flue cured from that other website to try - got it in and found about 7-8% of the leaves looked to be "1st priming" leaves, ie ultra thin and relatively small so i set them aside. I like Don's 1st priming a lot, and he's out until November, so i thought i'd smoke them by themselves. Just aging 30 days it smoked like tobacco candy, just a slight bit sweeter than Don's 1st priming. Sure would be interesting if Don were to source some canadian 1st priming.

burge

This leaf tastes Canadian rather than the british style of Virginia. Both the lemon and the lemon premium would be must have leaves in my opinion. I think my reviews stand Don's leaf is exceptional. Larry you would really like this leaf for the lightness and smoothness.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I received a couple of "experimental" bales of Flue Cured tobacco. All the leaves are hand pick and straight laid in the bales. As most of you know, this process is very time consuming, so I had to pay through the nose for the stuff. It's really pretty and hardly a broken stem in the lot, but the value of processing such a leaf might be outweighed by the cost.

I suppose the market will make that determination. I'll post it on the website in the next couple of days.

burge

Its really good and I think as long as it is not outrageous it will sell.

larryccf

the stuff sounds interesting, but as strange as it might seem, my tastes are going toward lower nicotene smokes. Even the Va Lemon is a little on the strong side for me. I bought some of the 1st Priming and it didn't age much at all, and like i said above, it was a mild / mellow smoke with just a slight bit of "sweetness" to the taste, almost tobacco candy.

I'll grab a lb or two of it when it shows up, just to try it

burge

I think you will love it Larry. 1 leaf was basically a pack of smokes. Now you know why I was craving Canadian Virginia. I think this tobacco hits the spot.

larryccf

oddly, the canadian american flue cured smokes a little stronger to me than Don's Va Lemon, so i definitely prefer the VA Lemon - but the thin leaves i pulled out of the canadian american flue cured was hands down milder, smoother and had a much sweeter taste to the smoke that literally made it "candy", to me anyway

burge

You will love this stuff Larry. I know what you mean on the sweetness. Don's lemon gives the three castles auld Kendal taste this newer eaf give the Canadian taste and more complex than the competition. The competition leaf does not have the complexity. I have written honest reviews on other site and the competition does not compare. Its commercial leaf fi that is what you are after. This new leaf in my opinion is by far superior. I am Canadian and love that sweetness too. Canadian Virginia from the completion is nothing compared to this leaf.

burge

I was out today so in my tobacco tub sweated some of this leaf it was super sweet and amazing. It was 28 today and left it in the car for 5 to 6 hrs. Awesome. The competition Larry does not come close to this leaf. I find Americans in general do not get the concept of Virginia tobaccos and the complexity of favours. Ie you can have 7 types of lemon and each one will taste differerntly. Its like strawberries We get the USA California but when In season the ones you get here are literally 2-4 times sweeter. Canadians want Canadian Virginia.

BarG

Founding Member
I was out today so in my tobacco tub sweated some of this leaf it was super sweet and amazing. It was 28 today and left it in the car for 5 to 6 hrs. Awesome. The competition Larry does not come close to this leaf. I find Americans in general do not get the concept of Virginia tobaccos and the complexity of favours. Ie you can have 7 types of lemon and each one will taste differerntly. Its like strawberries We get the USA California but when In season the ones you get here are literally 2-4 times sweeter. Canadians want Canadian Virginia.
Really. There is no accounting for taste heh heh

burge

Hey man be good lol. A lot of people are wondering why the difference. Got to be photosynthesis. It's the same with strawberries as it is with the Canadian Virginia. All of Don's leaf has complexity in flavour. All of Don leaves can be smoked on there own. All of Dons leaves are specialty tobacco. This is the premium stuff.

larryccf

when is don going to put that stuff up on his website?

burge

when is don going to put that stuff up on his website?

Not too sure have some left. Pressed in the can it gets a little better. The lemon if you age it will darken a bit to a medical brown and holds moisture extremely well.

Status
Not open for further replies.