Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Best strain for extra stark snus

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekul

My favourite snus in the world is odens extreme los. From my reading its a natural snus so doesnt have any additional flavours, instead relying on the flavour of the tobacco.

It seems a fair bit stronger than other snus, does anyone know what they use to get that strong flavour and strong nicotine? I've read rustica is strong in nicotine but doesnt have much flavour. Im guesing there is a little bit in there though.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Dark air most likely, these varieties routinely reach 5-6% nicotine. So using those numbers of 50mg/g that's 25mg after mixed half with water and 12mg/g absorbed via oral use.

Should be possible to get an extra strong without rustica.

RyanM22

Red Tip Burley is high in nicotine, but I don't think it makes a good smokeless on it's own. Combine it with regular burley and/or Dark Air tobacco, and you won't be hurting on unadultered nicotine.

But.. is there anything in that snus to amp up the nicotine? That's an important question. Ammonia, baking soda, and washing soda are all commonly used in smokeless.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Fire cured fire cured gets a burnt rubber taste after the snus cook that takes months to dissipate. For chew mixed with sweeteners and not subjected to the cook it's ridiculously good though. Not that tobacco is healthy but this is probably pretty bad for a few reasons. I've been thinking of using up my fire cured stash in this manner though and use it as a special occasion/desert type treat though. Salt, molasses, aj concentrate, pH up. Heat a little, combine with leaf and age. That's it and it's stupidly delicious.

I disagree about red tip not being perfect on it's own. It has a rich non sweet chocolatey flavor after aging. Nicotine is probably in the 4% range (pure guess) leading to about 10mg absorbed off a gram. Which is just perfect for me these days. Honestly to a point less is more with nicotine.

ekul

Im thinking about jaffna, looks to be pretty strong at 6% :) :)

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
That is a high nicotine bright leaf but in studies done after the grin they were unable to get numbers higher than 4%and concluded something erroneous happened with the test. Still high for a bright though and a solid yielder. I could hunt down the pdf for you if you're interested and can't find it.

If I recall right it was an interesting read because they went into the whole corelation of large yielders being low alkaloid producers.

ekul

Cheers for the info SmokesAhoy. Do you another one that is meant to be high like that? I've heard y1 and plantana are high but I couldnt find a source for either

Status
Not open for further replies.