Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Heat has finally arrived in Vermont!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
The delayed start had me in a full pitched war with slugs and several plants were lost in the battle. Nuclear ordinance aka metaldehyde had been deployed but the weather was damp and dark and the slugs were active during all hours of the day not just mornings.

Tobacco is wilting beautifully under the intense 83 degree sun. I'm in the shade smoking my ever dwindling supply of bigbonners Big Havana. It's mixed about 20% rough guess with lemon Virginia giving me a robust but sweet and floral smoke in the pipe. This tobacco is really amazing I can't wait until winter when he has some supply! Just a little bit negates tongue bite and turns the whole bowl into an exotic perfumed blend.

Here's a picture of my holes in the front yard grow. I burned down a row, aerated the dirt and plopped them in a couple weeks ago. Besides the casualties to the slugs there is a good 3-400 all doing great so far. Kiln is going to be busy in the winter.

IMG_20170611_151255.jpg

Is everyone else enjoying the hell out of this day too?

wooda2008

Took the family on a hike around a pond this morning and spent the rest of the day weeding the gardens and playing outside. Grilled a backyard picnic lunch.

My tomatoes are wilted but the tobacco is standing plump and tall.

We needed a couple of good days after the weeks of miserableness.

Charly

All things come to him who waits :)
Enjoy.
We already have a lot of heat this year (in France), last year, at the same date, we were under heavy rain for a month and a half :( So I hope we will have a good crop this year :) !

Status
Not open for further replies.