Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

who owns an in-ground pool and uses salt instead of chlorine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokin Harley

"new" house has a 14 x 28 in-ground pool ,avg depth is 6 ft ( 4 ft shallow ,8 ft diving end)...roughly 18000 gallons . We were told it is a salt or chlorine system, but has chlorine right now.
The previous owner shocked it and added tons of chlorine since we were here back in March. Now then, since we got here a week ago my son has been researching pool maintenance and it seems like we're going to have to put money into this daily to keep it from turning green (last week when I flew back up to IL it was almost clear but with the heat its starting to green) ..I'd like to go with salt if its a simpler and of course safer process.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I don't have an "in-ground" but had an above ground for years. I used Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2). I would buy the 35% grade at an Ag supply store and dump in about a quart per week. Also, running the circulation pump goes along way to prevent algae formation. If you are interested in the H2O2 idea I believe you can buy the stuff on the internet. I even bought H2O2 strips to test the concentration in the pool.

Brown Thumb

I don't have an "in-ground" but had an above ground for years. I used Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2). I would buy the 35% grade at an Ag supply store and dump in about a quart per week. Also, running the circulation pump goes along way to prevent algae formation. If you are interested in the H2O2 idea I believe you can buy the stuff on the internet. I even bought H2O2 strips to test the concentration in the pool.
Cool, I have been running a junk Intex saltwater system for yrs. and they do work.
Will Try out the H202 system. I gots lots of sunlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.