Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

BarG's Bull Stuff

BarG

Founding Member
I have been looking for that pic, Heh heh heh, I just picked up 296 lbs of processed pork today.domestic. I paid 40 bucks a piece little man and fat boy

BarG

Founding Member
Before and after with my famous mustard rub for the pit

Attachments

• IMG_20200528_105949705_BURST000_COVER.jpg
    IMG_20200528_105949705_BURST000_COVER.jpg
    859.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20200905_175800650_BURST000_COVER.jpg
    IMG_20200905_175800650_BURST000_COVER.jpg
    671 KB · Views: 11

plantdude

I shot one with a 30-30 once. Out hunting and heard the leaves rustling. Next thing I know I'm damn near getting run over by nine baby hogs. I was laughing so hard I only shot one. He was small enough to clean in the kitchen sink after its head was removed.

BarG

Founding Member
It reminds me of when I got 2 with 1 shot. Heh heh heh, I shot 2 big sows with a Winchester 30 30 and chased the herd. I caught some laying up and shot a young one, and the bullet killed the one younger behind it., BUT the other night was cool, I shot a 25o lb. Hog under my feeder and 2 ran straight into my trap 5-8 seconds later

plantdude

It reminds me of when I got 2 with 1 shot. Heh heh heh, I shot 2 big sows with a Winchester 30 30 and chased the herd. I caught some laying up and shot a young one, and the bullet killed the one younger behind it., BUT the other night was cool, I shot a 25o lb. Hog under my feeder and 2 ran straight into my trap 5-8 seconds later
You're doing better than me. Other than that little guy I've shot just over the back of every other hog I've tried for, once with the 30 30, once with the crossbow, and once with the shotgun. They need to make the legs taller on those things, they are messing up my aim;)

BarG

Founding Member
I will tell you something funny about a cross bow, I taught my granddaughter to hunt with one and she nailed a coon and a hog, but when she shot a spike deer the arrow deflected off a rib. And I had the same thing happen to me. Pics later watching the wounds heal it blows my mind. Heh heh heh, true story

plantdude

Last year my son shot a deer during the yoth hunt. We were cleaning her and processing the meat when I found an old bullet lodged against the bone in her backside. Guess the deer wasn't as lucky this time.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    485.7 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    504.5 KB · Views: 10

plantdude

I will tell you something funny about a cross bow, I taught my granddaughter to hunt with one and she nailed a coon and a hog, but when she shot a spike deer the arrow deflected off a rib. And I had the same thing happen to me. Pics later watching the wounds heal it blows my mind. Heh heh heh, true story
I suck with the crossbow. I have a lot better luck with a rifle and feel it's a little more humane. The only deer I ever got and successfully retrieved with a crossbow was out of a blind over bait (not real sporting). She was 30 yards away, facing me, ready to take off, and there was not a lot of time left until sundown. Figured I'd risk the shot and aim at her chest. When I shot she ducked down getting ready to jump and the arrow went through her neck and lodged in her spine. Found her dead about 100 yards off in the tall grass and briars.
The land I was hunting was leased land my friend had. He did a lot of black bear hunting there and they were always tearing up his blinds. I had seen plenty of fresh bear sign out there the few days I had been there. When I got the deer field dressed and all my gear together it was well after sundown. Had to drag her over a quarter of a mile back to the truck in the dark. Felt kinda like trolling for bears with the rope pulling her strapped to my back;)

ChinaVoodoo

I feel that killing is a natural but dirty business and making it a "sport" by making it "fair" is just a way to lie to oneself to avoid shame that you shouldn't have in the first place. Besides, it will never be "fair" unless you go hand to hand and mount blades on his antlers. Just use the best tool for the job that you can afford.