Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

BarG's Bull Stuff

BarG

Founding Member
Okay I am back in the general of generals. here is something cool.
101_0010.jpg000_0003.jpg

I should have some pics sent tomorrow of my catfishing weekend. I may need to move this thread to providing for the table.

I recently got a new tractor and have been clearing my land at home and digging ponds to help with drainage. It has opened up areas totally unacessable previously and have been planting deer forage. I continually catch deer glimpses now cruising my property.

Attachments

• 000_0002.jpg
    000_0002.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 74

BarG

Founding Member
How much land do you have BarG? I gather you're encouraging the deer for hunting?

13 acres at home and 300 30 miles away {family owned]. I am totally adapting my home property to deer forage. Just recently I can have a look out my windows and see deer shooting thru and tracks every where.

Thanks indianjoe, those catfish pics of the 40 lb.ers I am still waiting on. We had 28 fish that weighed in around 350 -400 lbs.

Charly

Whouah ! That's some big pieces of land !
It might be a lot of work to keep it clean.

350 lbs = 160 kg ! am I right ? I did not know there where catfish that weight that much ! incredible.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
National Geographic said:
Nearly nine feet long (2.7 meters) and as big as a grizzly bear, the behemoth tipped the scales at 646 pounds (293 kilograms). Experts say the fish, which belongs to the species known as the Mekong giant catfish, may be the largest freshwater fish ever recorded.
catfish1.jpg

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/06/photogalleries/giantcatfish/
Bob

BarG

Founding Member
Whouah ! That's some big pieces of land !
It might be a lot of work to keep it clean.

350 lbs = 160 kg ! am I right ? I did not know there where catfish that weight that much ! incredible.

Very incredible. Several 35 and 40 lb'ers avg 36" long. plus the smaller keepers 10-20-25 lb'ers. I think we hit the right time, and I am still eating them months later.

BarG

Founding Member
Our catfish extravaganza happenned a couple weeks ago. Me and my son in laws and a few of their friends, this year their was a $10 dollar entry for biggest heaviest fish for 8 of us. I won a new big penn river reel for my 21.5 lb,-er, heh heh.{ I always catch the biggest and the mostest) Fishing kinda sucked because the river was not co-operating for this trip. I showed them how to filet one lickety split with electric filet knife plugged into a battery charger. You gotta learn these young guys. heh heh It fed us all and brought some mome to my wife, shared with neighbor. I gave my son in law all the other fish to practice his filet skills heh heh.

Last edited:

BarG

Founding Member
Bob, Thank God that beast of a hog did'nt get a chance to tackle anyone. He was a wild thing. I have my grandkids old enough to run around with less supervision these days. I will kill the hogs till the sun don't shine. [usually at twilight.]

BarG

Founding Member
I changed my recipes this year. I used beef fat instead of pork fat for sausage and ground round.. I am much happier with it.

I realaize how much time it takes to process and package a years worth of meat. So Yeah I will do it heh heh. Plus I bought a dedicated sausage stuffer so no more regrinding to stuff links. Cheese and jalapeno chunks , yum.