Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Reviews on WLT

Status
Not open for further replies.

burge

I am a Virginia smoker and al I can say is that between the lemon American flue cured first priming and the lemon prime if it comes out all are exceptional leaves. They all can be smoked on there own or blended. This is premium tobacco with complexity in flavour.

BarG

Founding Member
I am no connosieur just a hard core smoker that loves virginia flue cured. would love to try some of that.

Edit I can not spell the word conosiur to save my life.

burge

When buying tobacco from the US my Uncle would back me up on a gift. I would buy the so called expensive blends. When I first shredded my first pound I emailed Doug at ryo magazine, after going fishing in Banff and staying over this has that Three Castles Taste. That is when I realized how good this stuff really is. in a car when its 28-34 degrees with super moist tobacco tends to lead to a almost boiling temperature inside a can. Makes it really good I use thick old plastic ryo cdn tubs. It makes it amazing. You can't do that with commercial tobacco leaves.

BarG

Founding Member
When buying tobacco from the US my Uncle would back me up on a gift. I would buy the so called expensive blends. When I first shredded my first pound I emailed Doug at ryo magazine, after going fishing in Banff and staying over this has that Three Castles Taste. That is when I realized how good this stuff really is. in a car when its 28-34 degrees with super moist tobacco tends to lead to a almost boiling temperature inside a can. Makes it really good I use thick old plastic ryo cdn tubs. It makes it amazing. You can't do that with commercial tobacco leaves.

Don's Flue cured Is the best, I really like the red.

burge

HIs red is good I am aging the bag leaving it for a bit. I like the lemon and the American flue cured and if we get it those red Virginia tips look good too. I think I want to try some of Larry's stuff as well. All of it blended together should be really good.

ZigZagZeppelin

I like the Lemon a lot, the wife loves the stuff. I think the Red Tips are exceptional, perfect amount of flavor for me. I should have asked Don for a sample of Latakia, I've never tried it.

I'm not a big buyer, but I'm steady. About $100 a month on Don's baccy. $566 in 6 months.

burge

Don is really good at samples for leaf. Its great because it allows you too see if you like it. If you do you can put it in your order the next time around. I did that with the new red leaf. Got some prilep and burley. That threshed burley is double toasted. Its not my fav being Canadian but you can smoke it alone.

ZigZagZeppelin

Thank you for your business. I haven't mentioned it in a while, but if you put your forum username in the special instructions area, you get free stuff.

You are welcome. Praise is much deserved, not many good deals in todays world. When ya find one ya hang on!
:cool:

BTW, my invoice # is 0000011647

Thats my latest order, this past saturday 08/12/17

ZigZagZeppelin

Thanks for the samples, Don. Much appreciated.

I never knew to include my forum name on my orders till a few days ago. Very nice of you to toss me the samples.

~Will

4wdboss

Just got my order of Dark air, and red tips. Very first time with "raw" leaf.
Can't wait to make chew with it to see how it comes out.
Any suggestions on storing it?
Like said, new to the leaf.

ZigZagZeppelin

I'm not familiar with tobacco chew at all. But its tobacco still so you want to preserve as much moisture content you can after shredding it.

I like using covered glass containers best. If you store long term in plastic it imparts a weird flavor to me. I bought circular glass containers at Walmart, they have a plastic lid that fits pretty snug.

I make cigarettes with my tobacco shred, and I press the pile of shred down AS HARD AS I CAN when storing it. It becomes a cake of baccy!

4wdboss

I'm not familiar with tobacco chew at all. But its tobacco still so you want to preserve as much moisture content you can after shredding it.

I like using covered glass containers best. If you store long term in plastic it imparts a weird flavor to me. I bought circular glass containers at Walmart, they have a plastic lid that fits pretty snug.

I make cigarettes with my tobacco shred, and I press the pile of shred down AS HARD AS I CAN when storing it. It becomes a cake of baccy!

Thanks, I was already planning on storing in glass containers after getting it ready to cook up into chew. I think it will be ok in the sealed bags in a cool dark closet until ready to remove mid rib.
Once cooked up, I'll store in a gallon jar until chewed up, probably two jars to age after cooking up, that way I'll always have a supply. Can't wait.

ZigZagZeppelin

Thanks, I was already planning on storing in glass containers after getting it ready to cook up into chew. I think it will be ok in the sealed bags in a cool dark closet until ready to remove mid rib.
Once cooked up, I'll store in a gallon jar until chewed up, probably two jars to age after cooking up, that way I'll always have a supply. Can't wait.

Sounds like you have a handle on this. Best of luck! The Lemon Virginia Flu Cure you might also like. Has just a bit of a citrusy taste not much, but the cure on it is very good. Most of it shreds up perfectly, not much shake. The Red is more flavorful but tends to dry out more, which results in a higher percentage of "shake"/powdery tobacco.

burge

Yes leave it in the vapor proof bags till you are ready to shred the tobacco. I have actual tobacco tubs here that make a difference so when shredded I press it into the can and make a cake. Our 100 gram tubs of blow up tobacco I put a pound in one of those. It ferments and the leaf bonds. I can actually feel the plastic expanding when I press it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.