Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

First Attempt at MYO

Status
Not open for further replies.

burge

Yes patience is of essence when aging be sure its in a dark place.. The humidity where you live is pretty low so it should be perfect to age. Here we get extreme heat and cold ie today it was 22 going down to 9 tonight tomorrow it will be 26 Sunday 30 so it will be hot and the apartment can go from 17 to 35 perfect for aging tobacco.

Zodiak

I have a spare bedroom that I was thinking of turning into my tobacco room. Will need to buy some new shades to cover the window. The humidity here see.s to reach its peak around 6-7am ~80% then drops dramatically to ~20% in the afternoon. I was thinking about building a big coolidor, that way I can accurately control the humidity. Will replace the lid with Plexiglas.

burge

As for me it does it all naturally. I just leave the vapour proof bags alone. Aging leaf requires a dark place and its important I think if you are growing leaf a kiln has to be consistent in humidity and temperature.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I have a bulk buy of red Virginia I got just to age. I keep it in a box under the bed in the vapor proof bags. The room is a little warmer than the basement usually 60-70 so I figure that's the best I can get without controlling the environment. They are quite high case in the bag but I believe too low to mold so just letting it go.

burge

I am aging some red right now and not opening he bag for a while. What would be adventurous is to move the bag around the house. From down in the basement to the upstairs to get the temperature changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.