Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hue HueTenango

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Brand

Iv`e got some seeds from a member ( Sorry can`t remember who), a few years back.
Iv`e decided to grow some more, because the taste was quite nice the first time I grew some, reminded me bit of Little Dutch, sweet and peppery.
Does anybody know the country off origin of Hue Huetenango?
It would be interesting to know.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Ben brand:USDA (ARS-GRIN) have Huehuetenango under:pI:130978 TI:1160 They got their variant from Guatemala already in 1938.I can't tell if your (or mine) are the same but my one follow the disruption right well so it's pretty possible..Sorry to say that Ars-Grin's page have been down for some days.. But I hope I have answer your question..

mwaller

Sounds like an interesting variety! Do you have any pictures of this plant? Did it grow well for you?

ChinaVoodoo

I worked at a coffee roster for a time as a student. We had a couple single origin coffees from Huehuetenango, and they were both excellent. I have no idea if that would translate into good tobacco, but I think it speaks to the agricultural techniques of the area.

Charly

Guatemala :) ok, noted :) I was not too far with Mexico :D
It sounds like a very interesting strain ("sweet and peppery"), and it's name is really nice and exotic.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Sounds like an interesting variety! Do you have any pictures of this plant? Did it grow well for you?
Let's see if this works:
View attachment 16677View attachment 16676View attachment 16675 This year's grow pictures (I often don't like pictures because they play a little trick to the brain). But this year I have found it funny to take pictures and just give em a little timeWat do you think about em?
Yes 16675 is a Huehuetenango

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Huehuetenango.jpg

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.