Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Benbrands 2017 growblog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Brand

Planting much less varieties this year.

6 types Cigar fillers, 300 plants- 50x Pen Red, 50x Little Dutch, 50x Conn Broadleaf, 50x Criollo 89, 50x Long Red, 50x Huehuetenango-

4 types Wrappers- 100 plants- 25x Timor, 25x Bezuki , 25x St Andres, 25x Conn Shade.

DistillingJim

That's a whole lotta leaf to cure. You got a shed or something set up? Will you age naturally or kiln?

Charly

Very focused grow !
There is no need growing a lot of varieties, if you have already found some strains you like.
I hope I can select only a few strains too, but for now I want to try as many as I can ... :)

Good luck with your grow :)

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Really interesting grow, you going to have alot of tobacco to take care of after this season..

mwaller

Those are some really interesting choices!
Can you tell us more about the Timor and San Andres? Have you grown these before?

Ben Brand

Change of plan. Ditching the Conn Shade for La Palma as a wrapper.

Iv`e panted all the varieties except the Timor.

Sowed the seeds Yesterday, now standing in a heated cupboard, ( 60W globe as heat source)

Curing done in a carport, fermenting in a old fridge, but I will try something different this year, curing will be done in a few 55 gallon Food grade plastic drums, still thinking how I`m going to heat the up, in the day I`ll leave them in the hot African sun, at night maybe a Electric blanket.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
I'm also trying to reduce my varieties, problem is there are so many and so many of them are so good. Every fall I think I found the one, every spring I change my mind.

Looks like you will have a great variety this year Ben, I would guess the climate there would be very conducive to all things tobacco, it should be an amazing crop.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I have no idea. I got these seeds a few years ago from MarkW. He obtained them from a Cigar Finca on the Canary Islands.

Status
Not open for further replies.