Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

T. havanna k2 height and usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steffenland

Hi,

I got hold of some T. havanna k2 seeds that ive been growing in containers in my growtent for about 60 days now.
According the internet the Havanna k2 is "an early maturing variety classified as a cigar binder. It grows to a height of 5' producing up to 20 leaves per plant. Leaves average 15" in width and 24" in length with yields up to 3 oz of dried leaf per plant. Matures in 50 days from transplant."

My plants are just 1 feet tall, and it looks like its flowering, is that normal for a container grown plant?

19859029_10158884654430543_389535589_o.jpg19859255_10158884660905543_1608178307_o.jpg

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Growing in a container will usually stunt growth. 5 gal bucket should be considered the minimum size pot. Growth medium, watering schedule etc will also affect your outcome. Sounds like it's going good though. Once you top it it'll continue to grow and put on weight though.

I'd say you're doing just fine.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. Your grow tent is indoors or outdoors? Full sunlight or artificial? If artificial light, what day period? Size of containers? Soil supplements? Geographic location?

Havana 2000 (I think that's what we're discussing. "Havana 2K") is great for wrapper, binder and filler. The burn is sometimes sluggish, if not well kilned.

The info you found is not an average, but the results of a single grow (likely for seed refresh from a seed bank--ARS-GRIN?). Two months in the pots sounds about right for budding. Bag one for seed, and top all the others, to encourage larger leaf size. I would start priming the leaves (from bottom to top of the stalk) that begin to show a yellow tip.

If you enter your general location in your profile, it will appear beside each of your posts, and will be helpful to others in answering your questions.

Feel free to introduce yourself in the Introduce Yourself forum. If you like, you can also start a grow log for 2017, to post your progress.

Good luck in your grow.

Bob

Steffenland

Indoors growtent inside a garage on the westcoast of Norway:)
I tried moving some of the plants outside, but the summer here have been bad this year with a lot of rain and I get zero growth.

Lights: 250+250W CFL + 580W full spectrum LED running 17/7 light cycle.
Temp During light; 25C at top, 21C at Bot
Temp During Dark: 20C
Humidity: 45-70% (70% after watering and then going down to about 45%)
Container size; been repotting from approx 1 to 3, 5 and final to a 8 gallon bucket with about 7 gallon of soil.
Watering: trying to get some runoff, watering every 4-5day with about 0,5 gallons of water.
Fertilizer: 5ml/Liter of ecologic tomato fertilizer. (about 15ml/feeding/4-5days. )

Would the Havanna be a decent strain for chewing tobacco?

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
With that new information I'd say it is growing very impressively now. It will absolutely make a good chew/snus tobacco. But since it is for oral use, give it lots of fertilizer and wait 6 weeks from when you break off the bud to when you harvest it. Without wind as a factor, personally I'd allow leaves to show signs of dying before harvesting.

Please take many pictures!

mwaller

Havana 2000 (I think that's what we're discussing. "Havana 2K") is great for wrapper, binder and filler. The burn is sometimes sluggish, if not well kilned.

Skychaser's site lists Havana K2 and Havana K2-24 as binder-type varieties that are distinct from Habano 2000.

Hasse SWE

Founding Member
Bob it's impossible to know everything, that the interesting thing with this forum.. Tobacco and tobacco variants is shore a jungle.. But if I don't mistaken Havana#2000 first grow 1999 should have been "the one and only" Havana 2000 but the variant wasn't as good as they hoping. So they started to make it better and better (like they always have been doing). I have been growing two off the types and can't notes any difference (or yes small differences but can't be shore that they are correct). But Habana 2000 was growing a little better in my backyard so I decided to keep some seed of that variant. Funny thing to see is that Paul for example have Habano 2000.-I can for sure be wrong when I tell that Havana 2000 was first out (I can check my notes to morrow morning).

Status
Not open for further replies.