Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Looking for Least Veiny Wrapper

Status
Not open for further replies.

d_striker

Long time smoker, first time roller. I've been lurking on the forum and reading everything the past few days.

I placed an order from WLT and got some of the Ecuador Maduro Wrapper. I've noticed that the leaves have very big veins on them. Can anyone tell me what wrappers on WLT have the smallest veins on them?

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. Among the currently available wrappers on WLT, the CT Shade, Besuki and Sumatra will have the thinnest veins. The wrappers with thicker veins tend to be significantly more flavorful.

I would suggest that you start off not worrying too much about visible veins. Concentrate on a well-packed cigar that draws nicely. The wrappers from WLT sometimes arrive in perfect case for wrapping. More often, they will need to be in higher case (high enough to mold, if stored that way). To increase the case of the wrappers that I will use over the subsequent 3 or so days, I mist them with a spray bottle, then put them into a gallon-size Ziplock to rest and hydrate. An overnight rest in high case will allow the veins to relax and stretch better.

Feel free to introduce yourself in the Introduce Yourself forum.

Happy rolling.

Bob

d_striker

Welcome to the forum. Among the currently available wrappers on WLT, the CT Shade, Besuki and Sumatra will have the thinnest veins. The wrappers with thicker veins tend to be significantly more flavorful.

I would suggest that you start off not worrying too much about visible veins. Concentrate on a well-packed cigar that draws nicely. The wrappers from WLT sometimes arrive in perfect case for wrapping. More often, they will need to be in higher case (high enough to mold, if stored that way). To increase the case of the wrappers that I will use over the subsequent 3 or so days, I mist them with a spray bottle, then put them into a gallon-size Ziplock to rest and hydrate. An overnight rest in high case will allow the veins to relax and stretch better.

Feel free to introduce yourself in the Introduce Yourself forum.

Happy rolling.

Bob

Great info. Thanks Bob!

D0CH0LLIDAY

I bought a non-stick rolling pin and before wrapping the cigar, I roll out the wrapper with the rolling pin to crush down the bigger veins. Don't do it too much or you'll make the wrapper too thin and may get some holes. Just a pass or two is usually good.

The other thing that helps get rid of the veins sticking out is after you wrap the cigar, roll it on the table under the side of your chaveta with a little pressure as you roll it over the cigar. That will press in those veins and reduce them sticking out significantly. If you watch some rolling videos on youtube, you'll see them do that after wrapping it.

Status
Not open for further replies.